Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Post meno and rash!  (Read 1591 times)

k9love

Post meno and rash!
« on: July 02, 2015, 07:07:37 PM »

Im post meno now, a couple of months ago I caught scabies :'( now that all cleared up with creams etc, now Ive developed another rash which is only on my stomach, been to the docs today and he said dermatitis, now Ive had this rash for 3 weeks and I don't think its dermatitis as its only on my stomach, anyone know if this is a post meno thing?
Thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Post meno and rash!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 11:05:36 PM »

Is it in the folds of your skin?  Have you altered your washing powder?  Does the rash itch/weep/come and go? 

You could bare your belly to a Pharmacist for another opinion  :-\ - they have private rooms these days  ;)

mandy43

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 09:31:27 PM »

rashes can be hormone related.  I come out in really bad hives when my skin is exposed to the sun.  This is definitely hormone related in my case, as it only started in my late 30s when I was starting in the peri.  I also get pin **** rashes on my stomach and top of my thighs from time to time.  It's quite amazing just how how much the menopause can effect us in different ways.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 09:34:37 PM »

Some medication reacts badly with sunshine too ……… as do some treatments, i.e. radiation, I was told to keep out of the sun (it was the hot Summer of 1995).

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 10:35:34 AM »

Hi ,

sometimes rashes on the stomach can be metal allergies from buttons or belts. A mild steroid ointment may help this clear up , with your GP's advice. It could really be a number of reasons ranging from stress to hormones and allergies. The best thing to do if you are concerned and it doesn't clear up is to ask your GP for a referral to a dermatologist. This will put your mind at rest and give you an expert diagnosis and appropriate treatment. Try not to worry, and you may find that doing something positive about getting a clear indication of what it is will make you feel better. If you cannot wait , then going privately could be an option if you can afford it. Unfortunately as we get older all number of things tend to go a bit haywire !!

Good luck.

Pepperminty xx