Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet Users  (Read 3202 times)

Pawprints

Elleste Duet Users
« on: July 02, 2015, 08:04:01 PM »

Is there anyone else using Elleste Duet who may be able to help me please?

I started with the 1mg dose 4 weeks ago & it's my first experience of HRT. So far it's been amazing, hardly any hot flushes, sleeping so much better & my anxiety actually feels like it's reducing, probably because I'm sleeping!

BUT I'm just having my first 'bleed' & my happiness has turned into despair because I've been propelled back into the massive flow & hugs clots which I was having a few years ago. I'm talking soaking a supersize tampon in an hour & clots the size of the palm of my hand. I'm wondering if this is it, this is what it'll now be like every month or if it's a big one because I haven't been menstruating more than a couple of times a year for the last couple of years. What's made it even worse is looking at my calendar I have big family events due at exactly the time I'll be bleeding, my daughters hen weekend & her wedding for starters!

Has anyone got any experience of this? Thank you so much in advance xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Elleste Duet Users
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 11:16:09 PM »

I believe that there is medication that your GP can prescribe to ease heavy periods.

If you do a 'search' - top left hand corner - for the HRT you use, you will see if any other ladies are 'on' it.

Pawprints

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 06:57:24 AM »

Thank you  :)

I've just read 65 of around 17 pages of threads on this subject & lost the will to live  ;D It does seem that heavy bleeding can be a side effect.

I'm going to try to get to see a doctor today & change my prescription. I've had some very good advice from a lady on a Facebook group & will hopefully be able to discuss this though I'm not holding my breath that the doctor will have any idea what I'm on about!

peegeetip

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 10:28:57 AM »

Hi Emmy

just to add again the first few months things will be a bit more of a challenge. Especially if you were like a lot of us heading for longer times between periods.

If your seeing clashes then you have two choices.

1) you can delay start of the next pack to avoid the dates

2) as you start your next packet start with prog part (green tablets) first.
This would basically push out further by the number of green tablets you take the day when your next period would start (normally a couple of days after the last green one).
Its only after the green tablets stop that your period will start so by extending the amount of days you take them then this could be enough to sort out your clash.

Once you've adjusted for 1 month then just take the next pack normally.

Its similar to taking our BCP without a break and missing a period :)

Remember it might take more than 3 months to get your periods back into the "flow" (sorry for the pun) but try and give it a chance.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 10:35:50 AM by peegeetip »

Pawprints

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 11:47:07 AM »

Thank you peegeetip, that's really helpful  :)

I've been in peri for 8 years & had got down to very infrequent periods, two last year & one in February this year. I was managing without HRT but when the joint pains & panic attacks started I knew I could no longer 'go it alone'

I've seen my GP this morning & have picked up prescriptions for Elleste solo, Utrogestan 100mg & tranexamic acid for my important dates just in case.

This is all so complicated, I sat with my GP for ages going through her reference book & looking online, I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry when she kept saying "ooh that's interesting"! I suppose at least she's learnt something too  ;D

dahliagirl

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 12:11:07 PM »

I found I had periods lasting 7 days, which were thick, sticky and brown with the Elleste duet 1/10, with a constant 'drip' which resulted in a difficult to remove stain on the bedroom carpet. ::)

With femoston, it is 5 days, and eases off after 2/3 days.  It is not so thick and sticky, but still brown and 'bitty'.

I had frequent 'periods' in the months before HRT that were getting browner and were randomly heavy and unpredictable (eg sudden rush on the afternoon of day 3 of period after 1 week break from an ok one, where I had hoped they were getting lighter)

peegeetip

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 12:43:55 PM »

If you use the green tablets to bridge past the point where your weekend / wedding / holiday is - then switch back to the start of a new pack :)

That way you should avoid the other options your doc has provided.

The bleeds will reduce down in the months to come. These initial bleeds are if you like your body doing "spring clean" since your body has not been doing this on a regular basis.

There is also an option "tridestra" that allows a period every 3 months. Its for ladies like us who are almost but not quite at the magic 1 year mark that allows us to goto period free conti HRT options.

Interesting again that a lot of docs have to read up so much before given things a guess ???

:-*