Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT and Ginseng?  (Read 6528 times)

Jaxxs

HRT and Ginseng?
« on: June 30, 2015, 07:51:27 PM »

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I am 48 years old and have just started Femoston 1/10 a week ago, prior to that I was taking ginseng and ginkgo biloba for my brain fog and also tiredness, which I think may have helped a bit. My question is, is it ok to still take the ginseng and ginkgo biloba with HRT? I read that this can be an alternative to HRT but I was wanting to take it as well as, if possible.
Thanks

Dancinggirl

Re: HRT and Ginseng?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 09:24:18 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Jaxxs
I don't think there are any problems with taking ginseng and ginkgo alongside HRT so I wouldn't worry.  If you are in any doubt I would ask your local pharmacist as they are usually very clued up about any contraindications.
HRT is the most effective way to treat and manage menopause symptoms so let us know how you get on.
Femoston is a good one to try first as the progesterone is kinder so well tolerated by many women.
Keep posting DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 10:18:01 PM »

:welcomemm:  browse round, read the pull-down menus top of screen, ask away !

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 06:37:35 AM »

Hi Jaxss

Taz x  :welcomemm:

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 09:50:10 AM »

Jaxxs

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 12:03:38 PM »

Thank you for your replies. I asked the pharmacist and she said it was ok but I had a look at the link from honeybun and now I'm not sure.
Think I will just give the HRT a try first and see how it goes. My main problems were very heavy periods, migranes, and feeling very tired. Took femoston at the start of my period last week and it only lasted a couple of days and was very light, not sure if this will happen the next period but was delighted with this and no migranes  :) Just a bit of tiredness and foggy head still, but its early days, hopefully femoston will help and won't need anything else.
I have been stalking this forum for a while, I just wasn't sure whether to take HRT or not, but decided to give it a go. Thanks for all the information on the forum, it helped me understand things better.