Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Feeling Depressed  (Read 1842 times)

Gel

Feeling Depressed
« on: June 30, 2015, 03:41:04 PM »

Hi all, i'm looking for some advice please. I've been told i'm probably going through the menopause (I'm 51) and my periods have been all over the place for a good 6 months. My problem is that I've bled for 33 consecutive days and when i did stop bleeding, it was only for 2 days. It started again 4 days ago. Basically out of 39 days, i've bled for 37 of them. Please tell me this isn't normal, or even if it is that i can get help from my gp. I'm so depressed and down about it. I'm scared to go out incase i "Leak". Sometimes it's so heavy that i have to change my sanitary wear after just half an hour. I lose quite big blood clots too and when i do, I seem to have a heavier rush of blood.

I really hope there's light at the end of the tunnel and this isn't how it's going to be   :( :'(

Dancinggirl

Re: Feeling Depressed
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 04:36:38 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Gel
Your story is not uncommon here on MM.  Many women get horrid problems with erratic and prolonged bleeding in the peri meno stage.  You really need to have this checked out though and the GP can prescribe things to help with this bleeding.
Do read up all the info on this site - you'll be surprised at how much you can discover. Keep posting.
DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 10:26:55 PM »

:welcomemm:  as suggested, have a chat with your GP or Practice Nurse.  There are medications which can help with excessive bleeding.  Also, you may become anaemic so it is wise to get this checked.

Browse the menus, top of screen.  Ask away.  Don't tell your GP you are depressed or you will get handed a script for ADs (unless you are severely depressed/suicidal)  ::) ……. I remember well not liking to be away from my bathroom in the 1st 2 days of a bleed, because of the clots: this went on for years even after I went on The Pill but at least the pains stopped  …. double pads in the day-time and pads and sleeping on a bath-towel in the night ………

Gel

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 11:02:59 AM »

Thank you DG and CLKD. I will have a look through the menus as you've both suggested. I have been anaemic already and also had low folic acid for which i have been treated for both, but that was before I started bleeding as long as i have been. I can't imagine having to put up with this for years and hope that my GP can give me something to stop the bleeding, although my appointment isn't until 10th July, so i have a while to wait  ::)
I don't think he'll prescribe me the pill as I have high blood pressure and I'm a smoker, but there must be something he can give me.
Anyway I'm off to the menus to see what I can find.
Again,thanks for your responses  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 12:55:31 PM »

You are very welcome!  Do you feel a little less depressed?

Make notes.  Refer your GP to this Forum  ;).  Let us know how you get on, you don't have to wait until after the 10th to post again  ;).  We have a 'funny' room too  :D