Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)  (Read 1856 times)

marycatz

Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
« on: June 29, 2015, 10:32:09 AM »

During a routine health check my GP suggested I was also long overdue for a Pap smear and HPV test.
The whole procedure was pretty painless and I forgot all about it until the following week when my GP asked me to come in for another appointment. Apparently my Pap smear results showed abnormal cells at a stage called CIN 3 and HPV high risk. She arranged for me to see a gynaecologist a few days after where they examined me further. The gynaecologist saw all my medical results and gave to me a treatment with Cervugid Ovules (pessaries) 3 boxes first and another 3 boxes after 7 months and said to me if the treatment does't work we have to do a procedure. After this treatment , 8 months later at my follow up examination with the gynaecologist I had another Pap smear and the results were all clear. It all happened so fast but I am so grateful to my GP. Now I make sure I have regular Pap smears.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 10:37:51 AM »

:thankyou:  a timely reminder for many of us I feel sure!

Easy to put off until 2-morrow  ::)

:welcomemm:

Taz2

Re: Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 05:00:45 PM »

Glad that you are now ok - thanks for the reminder about how important it is to keep up to date with smear tests.

Taz x  :welcomemm: