Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bringing my spinning head to somewhere people understand :)  (Read 1561 times)

Gill Mojo

Hi all,
So glad to have found this forum. I'm 51 and I think I am in peri-menopause. I say think as I have no family to compare my experiences to and no female friends of this age to ask. So to the internet! And here you all are, experiencing and talking about things I have never been sure are a part of 'the change' or a part of my usual crazies ;)

I have bi-polar, suffered depression since I was 13 and so many of the emotional, and even some of the physical, effects of menopause are the same or similar to the symptoms I have had associated with these conditions that I struggle to know which is which. I also worry that my anxieties, depressions, lack of self-worth, weight gain and mood swings are going to get so much worse because of the hormones! I assume there are others here who have the same or similar issues so I look forward to reading about experiences and sharing my own on that side of things.

As to me, I'm a writer, a reader, a pagan, a crazy cat lady, and I love to bake, amongst many other interests. I'm just getting into growing herbs and veg. I walk a lot, love history, love nature and music and more.

Anyway, enough about me. Time to go off and read the forum voraciously ;)

Dorothy

Re: Bringing my spinning head to somewhere people understand :)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 10:07:04 AM »

Hello and welcome!  This forum is a great place for answers and even just for support - it's wonderful knowing you are not the only person out there feeling the same way!

Hope you find it really helpful.

dazned

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 10:08:27 AM »

Hi Gill Mojo and  :welcomemm:

Sure you will learn lots on here and as for baking we all love ...... :cupcake:

So please feel free to share    ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 01:56:44 PM »

Most of your hobbies are covered here ………. we even talk about Menopause sometimes  ;D

Ask away.  Browse.  Make notes.  When were you diagnosed with bi-polar?  I have depression fortunately mainly controlled with ADs and on-going anxiety for which I take a betablocka at night as well has having to hand an emergency pill ….. I tend to look no further than lunch time each day or I would be over-whelmed but making plans leaves me anxious.

So far we have a Forum Choir, campsite, knitting club …….. could we open a kitchen now  :whist:

Gill Mojo

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 02:42:27 PM »

Thanks for the welcomes :) And yes, happy to open the kitchen. Will take requests when it is set up Nigella stylee :D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 02:44:21 PM »

;D  you'll fit in here just fine - we have a Forum Charabanc too …….

I'll do the washing up  ;)