Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: So scared  (Read 2878 times)

Chi chi

So scared
« on: June 29, 2015, 12:13:29 PM »

My friend who works in radiology has just phoned with my results from my chest X-ray, it says I need to have a CT scan as I've got a nodule on my 7th rib and some shading? On my 8th  :'( I'm petrified they're gonna say it's cancer?? Apparently my lungs are clear.
I'm scared to google but my friend says loads of people have them and it's nothing to worry about???

libby1

Re: So scared
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 12:49:31 PM »

Do not google!! You'll only see the bad stuff. Can your friend get you in for an early CT?

Libby
x

Chi chi

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 01:08:21 PM »

I know  :( she can but I think I have to wait for my Dr to ring me, they have my result but I'm just waiting for a Dr to look at it, they don't know that I already know  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 01:20:10 PM »

Is your friend the Radiographer, if not, she is speaking out of turn! also, she is un-likely to get you 'in' for an early scan, but what you can suggest is that you are available for a cancellation.

Hopefully your GP will ring today.  Don't GOOGLE, it's bad enough that your 'friend' has told you  :-\

Chi chi

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 03:30:10 PM »

No she's not a radiographer but her job is to fax/send the radiographers reports to the GP's so she knows exactly what was put on my results

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 04:03:24 PM »

If she says it's nothing to worry about then LISTEN. She obviously sees this kind of thing day in and day out.
Why on earth would she tell you a lie, in fact if it was bad news she would not have told you and certainly not over the phone.

I know it's hard not to worry, but go with what she says.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 04:06:21 PM »

I have a problem with her telling you ……. not her job!  :-X

Chi chi

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 04:25:35 PM »

She did say if it was anything bad then she wouldn't have said anything to me and pretended that my results hadn't come through yet, she just didn't want me to wait any longer than I needed to  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 04:46:08 PM »

It is not professional though.  If she made a mistake ……….  :-\