Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Anyone have mega headaches?  (Read 4158 times)

Marf

Anyone have mega headaches?
« on: June 11, 2015, 09:28:14 PM »

me again! Having taken Climagest for a month and the prog tabs giving me horrid symptoms, I saw gp who has swapped me to Femoston 1/10. I am on day 6 of taking them and have a headache that will just not go away :( has anyone else suffered like this?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anyone have mega headaches?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 03:46:22 PM »

Did you have headaches in earlier years?  I would ring the GP or speak with a Pharmacist for advice.  Also, headaches can be caused by dehydration!

Marf

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 11:05:42 PM »

Headache stopped about 3pm today and have started bleeding - again!!! I am now drinking more, thanks xx I'm not great at remembering though! xx

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 08:16:45 AM »

Hi Marf,
I had awful headaches for the first 2 months on Femosten 1/10, and now they have gone . I suspect that the reason I was getting them is I needed more oestrogen. It is worth persevering for at least 3 months and also monitoring when you get the headaches , to see it there is a pattern . mine were continuous.

Pepperminty xx

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 02:59:19 PM »

I drink when I'm thirsty.  The 1st pee of the day should be darker, the rest straw coloured - any lighter and you are drinking too much  ;)

How's the head today?

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 07:04:06 PM »

Hi marf

If you had a headache shortly after changing to a different HRT and you went from the combi part of Climagest (oestrogen and progestogen), to the oestrogen part of Femoston - and then had a bleed then it was normal pmt probably due to this, or else due to your own cycle coming into play.

Hopefully any symptoms will settle - but of course you hsould exspect "normal" pmt if you are on cyclical HRT. The important thing is, if the HRT is doing its job, that you should feel better overall for most of the time, than you did before.

Hurdity x

Marf

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 08:56:07 PM »

Thanks guys, Headache went the minute I started bleeding and then it lasted 1 day! I think its all just settling down.  I def feel better taking HRT so need to persevere, am about to start second half of tablets so will be interesting to see if the Femoston is nicer than the Climagest.  Pepperminty have you changed to 2/10? is it any better?

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 02:26:20 PM »

Pleased that the headaches and associated 'what is it this time' feelings have gone! 

pepperminty

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 06:21:34 PM »

Hi Marf,

I will be starting the 2/10 in a months time , as I will finish the old pack first . But I have been increasing my dose using half a pill of oestrogen from a redundant part used femeston pack and yes it is improving my symptoms. Still get tired though , but not as bad . So when I do start the 2/20 I would have been gradually increasing my dose as it were. Hope it continues to improve for you !!

Pepperminty xx

Marf

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 09:51:46 PM »

Pepperminty, keep me posted, it'll be interesting to see if the 2/10 makes a difference xx good luck xx

pepperminty

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 03:44:09 PM »

Will do Marf,

pepperminty xx