Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Problems with tights  (Read 10875 times)

honeybun

Re: Problems with tights
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 07:34:58 PM »

I hate wearing tights, they feel so confining so I just wear on very special occasions.

The last time I wore stockings and suspenders was at my wedding  ;D

I would rather put fake tan on my legs and make do with that.

Honeybun
X

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 09:40:04 PM »

I only wore tights yesterday as I was attending a function with hubby. Women had to wear dresses/skirts. I was a plus one, but hubby suggested I do likewise just to be sure. Most of other plus ones wore trousers. It was so cold that I decided tights should be worn also. Maybe my memory is going, but I certainly don't remember  tights being so blooming annoying round my middle. It appears to be a common complaint. You'd think more manufacturers would take this problem on board.

babyjane

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 08:42:50 AM »

cubagirl do you think it could be because when we were younger we probably had a waist and now a lot of us have a roll where the waist used to be?  ::)
I certainly don't remember  tights being so blooming annoying round my middle. It appears to be a common complaint.

Dulciana

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 10:30:13 AM »

How well do they hold up though? Don't fancy looking like Nora Batty.  ;D
American company have solved the problem. Commando style tights. However, at around £25 per pair plus p&p, I think I will refrain.

In my experience, they hold up pretty well, cubagirl, especially if they're a good make. 
What are commando style tights?? ???
I have to say, I wear tights all the time (well, the daytime!).  The only time I don't like them is when I get home in the evening, because by that point, they begin to make me feel I'm wrapped in clingfilm!  But being a skirt person, I have to be a tights person as well.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 10:33:42 AM by Dulciana »

Joyce

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 10:53:07 AM »

I would attach website, but leads to ordering. Only way to describe them is normal tights, but waistband has been made much deeper, maybe 6" or so, but not like pants. If you Google commando tights you'll see them.
Pages: 1 [2]