Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Headaches and change of regime  (Read 3037 times)

jayneaddo

Headaches and change of regime
« on: June 24, 2015, 08:49:57 AM »

Hi all

It's me again I'm afraid. These pesky headaches will just not go away. I came off femosten Conti which is a low dose. I was also using estradot 25 but only half a patch. I now have estradot 50 and utrogestan 100 every night.

I thought my symptoms were progesterone related but could be the estradot as its a higher dose. Feel bloated , headache and sick. Hair gone thinner and more greasy.

I'm thinking of dropping the oestrogen dose down for a while and see if it make a difference. What do others think. I originally upped this dose a year ago as I had lost a lot of weight but I've put a stone on and think I need less oestrogen.
On the positive I have more energy and less of a fuzzy head

Thanks in advance
Jayne

peegeetip

Re: Headaches and change of regime
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 09:23:02 AM »

Hi

sorry your feeling so bad.

Have you considered it could be thyroid related?

Some of the symptoms you mention can be due to that.
Also as we hit peri/meno era then the thyroid can follow our failing ovaries :)

Sorry don't mean to worry you but often this is overlooked.

:-*

jayneaddo

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 10:08:17 AM »

Hi

I'm sure it's related to the change of drugs. I was fighting fit before that on my previous regime. Loads of energy was cycling 25 miles at a time and never a headache in sight.

Thanks anyway though

Jayne

donnacrichton

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 12:25:30 PM »

Hi I had a big problem with headaches which are dose related. They disapeers when the dose is dropped. I am still trying to get a stable dose but usually get instant relief in headaches when estrogen is reduced. Hope you get sorted

Briony

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 10:10:58 PM »

Both times I have switched regimes I have had headaches initially, until things settled after a few months. In general, I think it's low estrogen and fluctuating progesterone that sets me off. Now I am on the pill, highest dose of estrogen I've taken,  my headaches have settled  (touch wood) xx

jayneaddo

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 05:48:01 AM »

Hi
I dropped my estradot last night to 37.5 half of a 50 and a 25 see if that helps. At least I will then know if it's oestrogen or not. My hair has gone greasy like it did last time I changed and reducing the dose helped then. Fingers crossed although that won't help with my nausea .

I shall keep going

jayneaddo

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 05:48:15 AM »

Hi
I dropped my estradot last night to 37.5 half of a 50 and a 25 see if that helps. At least I will then know if it's oestrogen or not. My hair has gone greasy like it did last time I changed and reducing the dose helped then. Fingers crossed although that won't help with my nausea .

I shall keep going

Sphere27

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 04:49:22 PM »

I was on this forum constantly for weeks regarding headaches plus anxiety! I was on femoston conti which had been great then a variety of others. Went to menopause clinic and been on livial for last month. Touch wood headaches been much better. Going for a ct scan anyway tomorrow.not sure if coincidental but I was really unwell with them. Good luck to all