Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1566 times)

Nemesis

Hello
« on: June 23, 2015, 08:50:08 AM »

Thought I should Introduce myself, even though I have put up a few posts already.

Had a pretty bad meno. For the first 5 years I don't think I even realised what was going on. This was from age 43, just remember feeling unwell all the time, but also angry and upset, insomnia, I guess many on here know the feelings.

Was always at the GP with aches and pains. I think I may have even been prescribed HRT at one point, one of the old fashioned ones that began with P, and was two prescription charges. But nobody explained to me what it was or what it would do, so I didn't take it. My hormones must have been all over the place as is normal in Peri. Bad flushes towards the end.

Got to 50 and periods dried up, then a few years later the awful vaginal dryness kicked in finally succumbed to a HRT patch which seemed to balance me out a bit. I would say by then my own hormones were plateauing so things were more constant but it was like a permanent low. Still here at 59.

Have read the forum on and off over the years. Joined up because I have now got raging tinnitus.

My late Mum always said old age never comes alone.

Thank you for the welcomes I have received in my other posts.

ancient runner

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 09:44:09 AM »

Hello Nemesis!
Great name - but then so is Sausage, another very new member.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 09:54:48 AM »

Just wanted to say  :welcomemm:   Officially  ;D

Honeybun
X

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 10:39:54 AM »

I have also 'spoken' to you a couple of other threads but welcome, it's very nice to 'see' you.  your experience mirrors mine a little.  :welcomemm:

Dorothy

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 01:23:01 PM »

Hello!

I hope you are going to be Menopause' Nemesis!  Though I guess you probably chose the name because you feel more as if it has been your nemesis!

Nemesis

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 02:58:09 PM »

Thank you for the welcome Dorothy. Good point about the name.

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 05:18:42 PM »

:welcomemm: