Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Shocked to get a period !  (Read 7165 times)

thorntrees

Re: Shocked to get a period !
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 11:03:54 AM »

Hi, I had this procedure about 2 1/2 years ago for unexplained bleeding post meno , not under GA but it really was OK just a bit uncomfortable. The Gyn chap was very good and the nurses reassuring. He removed several polyps and took biopsies, no bother afterwards except a bit of bleeding for a couple of days. Everything Ok with the biopsies so nothing else needed and no trouble since. Though he did say polyps could come back but they could be dealt with again. Hope it all goes OK for you Ronsmum, try not to worry too much.

Thorntrees.

Ronsmum

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 11:19:38 AM »

Thanks thorntrees , these pesky fibroids and polyps are a nuisance. I'm just so glad I'm not having to wait long. Good old NHS 😀

peegeetip

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 04:12:44 PM »

Hi Ronsmum

all the best for Wednesday.

Just a wee question on you recently : Have you tried to lose weight (diet or exercise or other)?

The reason I ask is that we store estrogen and other hormones in our fat.
My own experience was that when I tried to cut down and diet it would set of a period for me.

If we breakdown our own fats by exercise or diet then we give a temp boost to our levels. Enough to possibly trigger a period.

Also VA is a bit of a "WHAT!" moment for a lot of us.

In the USA they have renamed it such was the displeasure with the name.
Just incase you were in the states its now "genitourinary syndrome of menopause".
http://www.obgyn.net/menopause/new-name-vulvovaginal-atrophy.

:-*

Ronsmum

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2015, 07:05:57 PM »

Hey peegeetip , thanks for you reply and interesting comments.
The only change in my diet is that I'm not eating bread and consequently butter like they're going out of fashion.
Bread makes me feel really bloated.
Thanks for the good luck too. 😀

Ronsmum

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 02:18:16 PM »

Just back from hysteroscopy , and thought I would share my experience with others. Had it under general anaesthetic as I had a bit of a 'scrape' (surgeons word) also.
Went to sleep in a nanosecond woke up coughing and sweating but it is bleeding hot today !
Moderate cramping and light / moderate bleeding
Onto recovery ward , felt crap for half and hour ish then started feeling better as cramps abated.
I had this done as an investigation really with an endometrial biopsy, and potentially have a polyp removed
There was no polyp just benign fibroids.
Surgeon came back when I'd eaten and been to the loo and said all looks fine just waiting for results now.
I feel much better to hear what he said and have this behind me. Was getting a bit stressed about it.
The other thing is that I'm in a car on Friday doing a banger rally to Istanbul. In aid of cancer research. Will take us a week as its 2500 miles.
I asked the nurse whether it would be ok to go when I had the pre  op yesterday  and she seemed very concerned about dvts and infections.
Today though a different story. Nurse who booked me in said it will be fine as long as keep stockings on keep walking and moving about which was reiterated by the surgeon. Phew. It's been a long time planning this rally. And I thought I wouldn't be able to go yesterday.
Anyway , that's me droniing on , must be the anaesthetic. 😳😂

Taz2

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 09:09:18 PM »

I've heard of the rally Ronsmum - don't you have to use a car that's under a certain budget? What car are you driving? Glad the procedure went ok and thanks for posting about it.

Taz x

Ronsmum

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 10:05:31 PM »

Yes that's right. Purchase a car for £250 then pimp it up. We're going as swan lake ballet dancers sort of  ;D
Thanks for everyone's replies. It's been a big help getting me thru this.
Just the results to get now for a bit of peace !

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 10:14:57 PM »

That sounds amazing. Well done.  :foryou:

Taz xx

Ronsmum

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 12:49:33 PM »

Just to bring this thread to a conclusion ... I've had biopsy results and thankfully all normal.
Keep posting everyone. It helps so much to share the scary bits with everyone !

Limpy

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2015, 01:04:39 PM »

Glad everything went well.

Taz2

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2015, 03:44:37 PM »

Great news Ronsmum - thanks for updating us.

Taz x  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2015, 06:20:39 PM »

……. and the Rally? 

Ronsmum

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2015, 10:33:43 AM »

Thanks for that.
The rally ... Well that was a amazing.  Made even more special by me wearing my compression socks 😎 . As it was the first Turkish rally there were a few teething probs with timings (14 hrs  driving ) however the scenery was breath taking. Stelvio pass was crazy as was Albania.
It was Ramadan in Istanbul when we arrived  which was a joy to see all the families out together having picnics. Raised £750 for cancer research too.
The scenic we took has decided to stay and live in Thessaloniki in a car hire showroom. Definitely gone out to pasture. 

ancient runner

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2015, 04:56:54 PM »

Love it. Always great to read about the fun stuff we're all doing.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2015, 11:14:51 PM »

WOW!  a once in a Lifetime ……………  ??? or will there be a 'next'  ;) - we live in a beautiful World, pity humans are out to destroy it  :'( ………. parts of Afgahnistan are stunning too I understand but of course, it means flying  ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3