Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 24/7 Tinnitus, Menopause or age ?  (Read 13791 times)

Joyce

Re: 24/7 Tinnitus, Menopause or age ?
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2015, 12:02:37 PM »

No Nemesis, not your fault. Probably more to do with me using nasal spray for post nasal drip. Heck if it's not one thing it's another at this stage of our lives.

Nemesis

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2015, 12:48:08 PM »

Nemesis if you want to send me a message I can tell you the groups I am on. They are closed groups so friends won't see what you write. On the groups we do tend to discuss our own T problem.
I think listening to white noise is ok all night as long as it's not directly into the ear. Better a sound pillow or play the app by your bed.
I use a rain sound on really bad nights which I set with a timer and it distracts me enough to sleep.
I have had to learn how to carefully and consciously relax in bed which is annoying as I can no longer just fall into bed any more.
Mixing Tinnitus with meno is the cruelest torture I can think of.
The new treatments coming through hopefully by 2020 are based on epilepsy meds. They now know tinnitus affects about 5 areas of the brain not just the hearing centre. This is why it is so distressing.
If your doc prescribes any meds for you ask if they are ototoxic as some meds actually cause tinnitus.

Hi Sarai

Thank you I have sent a pm and got your helpful reply, I've sent if a request to join one of the groups, the one with the lady's name you mentioned in the pm.

But all that happened before I saw this post and didn't want it to go unacknowledged.

I think I may have been on ototoxic meds in the past a lot of AD's are so that's what is making me cautious. I know what you mean about the combination of various things being torture.

I've only been using things on my tablet, not putting headphones direct into my ears, but I needed to get some sleep. I agree you stop being able to just fall into bed. It's amazing what we take for granted till its gone.

Thanks again for your support.

Nemesis

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2015, 12:49:35 PM »

No Nemesis, not your fault. Probably more to do with me using nasal spray for post nasal drip. Heck if it's not one thing it's another at this stage of our lives.

Your last sentence is so very true cubagirl.
Pages: 1 2 [3]