Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Short date on Everol conti patch  (Read 3967 times)

Sunnydays

Short date on Everol conti patch
« on: June 21, 2015, 12:38:42 PM »

Have any of you ladies had problems with short dates on your repeat prescriptions for these? In May I was given my first month supply and I noticed they expired end of July. My repeat prescription was again for a month's supply, this time only last week and they too expire in just 6 weeks time. I asked the pharmacist and she said that's how they come in. She said that when I have my prescription of 3 months, I should just pick up one box at a time because of the date. What a palava! I also noticed that whilst the box is in English, the sachets for each patch are in a foreign language with an English sticker over it.
Anyone else had the same? I tried previously Femmseven conti (they didn't seem to suit me) but they had a long date.

Limpy

Re: Short date on Everol conti patch
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 01:09:36 PM »

I haven't had those problems in the 2 and a bit years I've been using them.

I picked up a 6 month supply a couple of weeks ago, the expiry date on those was 08 2016. The sachets and boxes all seem to be in English.

Perhaps a word with the pharmacist...............
I don't have to pick the boxes up separately, and would be peeved to have to do so.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 01:14:36 PM »

Ooo err, I've never even looked and given the fact I use half a patch so my six months worth does me a year I better look.

Only I can't as my box is at home and I'm not  ::)

Honeybun
X

Sunnydays

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 02:14:14 PM »

I'm a 'looking at the date' junkie! Thanks for your responses; any other comments on the use of short dates ok. At least I can see that longer dates, and in English, are out there.
Honeybun, you use half a patch. I use about a quarter/third. Do you keep the remainder of the patch in the sachet until the changeover day? I didn't know if it lose its properties. Also actually cutting it; I find it hard not to put my fingers all over the patch because the plastic is quite brittle!

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 04:58:47 PM »

I cut mine in half and use, retaining the other half in the packet. Have to say I've never noticed any difference to be honest.

The patches are big so are easy to cut.

I will be looking at my boxes when I get home  ::)

Honeybun
X

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 07:18:12 PM »

I really wouldn't worry about the date!! It's just a guide just as in food which has a "Best before" date and even less to worry about because you're not eating it. It's not going to be OK one day and then suddenly not OK the next. Also it's not like a life-saving medicine either or something that could cause you harm.

I'm currently using out of date progesterone - but it's in a sealed capsule in a blister pack and not been subject to extremes of temperature and works perfectly well.

Don't get me started on our food museum at home  ;D

Worry not girls!

Hurdity x

vickypk

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 12:04:08 PM »

I have just noticed noticed you are using the Everol conti patch.  I have just started using it this week and have got some mild cramping and feel slightly nauseous.  Did any of you have any side effects in the beginning? 
Thanks
Vickypk

Limpy

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 12:36:22 PM »

Vickypk - The side effects you mention are common in the beginning.
They will pass, don't worry.

Sunnydays

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 03:01:54 PM »

Yes. I did get that and it has passed in the main. Still get mild occasional cramps but generally doing well on it. By the way used a different pharmacist and got long date on new patches

vickypk

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 12:14:42 PM »

Thanks for your replies.  Feel like giving up with the patch as was feeling dizzy as well last night.

Sunnydays

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 01:08:47 PM »

Vicky unless your side effect symptoms are very severe could I suggest you persevere a bit longer. I had a feeling of almost every side effect going and I think a lot was brought on as a result of my anxiety at trying hrt. 6 weeks later I have mild side effects but benefits outweigh them. I am only on a third of a patch as full one too much for me.
That said I had tried fem7 previously and that didn't suit I just knew it wasn't right for me

vickypk

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 03:30:16 PM »

Thanks for your reply. I do get anxious and it could be that. I took the patch off, but think I will give it another go with using a third of it and see how that goes. My GP said to go back after a month and see how I am getting on with it.

Sunnydays

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 07:31:06 PM »

I got some very good advice from the women's health concern - the patient part of the British meno society. It was they that recommended starting with a quarter patch and then Build up. They also said it likely to be my anxiety making the side effects seem worse, or rather being a. It over aware of them, which I can relate to. I'm a Mrs Worry big time! :))

vickypk

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 08:29:41 PM »

Thanks. It could be the anxiety thing with me as I do worry a bit. I will definitely start with a quarter of a patch and hope it will be okay this time. It's good to hear you are doing well with patch now.