Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Cat sick!  (Read 5775 times)

Briony

Cat sick!
« on: July 08, 2015, 04:54:36 PM »

Just wondered if any of you lovely ladies have any tips for removing cat sick stains? Despite grooming and Katalax, mine both have fur balls at the moment. One of them, the most long haired, sicked one up on our very pale coloured bedroom carpet recently, and although I've tried Vanish and washing machine detergent, nothing will shift it. I have some Stain Devils, but not sure which to use on the stain?

Any tips greatly appreciated!

B x

honeybun

Re: Cat sick!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 06:15:36 PM »

Most supermarkets do the hire of rug doctor machines, if you look there then you can buy a stain treatement spray that works on most things.
Worked for me when my kids were small, and also for puppy accidents.

The carpet company that cleaned my sisters carpets told her that one of the best things was Fairy Liquid.

Honeybun
X

Briony

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 06:37:56 PM »

Thanks Honeybun. Will try the Fairy straight away (cheaper than the other option!). Need to get it perfect ASAP before OH spots the stain and bans the cats from our bedroom ! x

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 06:49:31 PM »

Diluted white vinegar is also good. I have used that after kids have been unwell.....oh the things you have to do.

One thing I do remember that my sisters carpet cleaning man said was .....wet the stain first if it is dry and then put paper towels on it and press down hard to soak up and lift as much as you can before you even start to rub because you end up rubbing the stain deeper.

Good luck, why is it pet sick is always yellow  ::)

Honeybun
X

Briony

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 06:59:42 PM »

Good luck, why is it pet sick is always yellow  ::)

So true! (though on this occasion it was also full of black fur as well, so a bit of a wasp effect!)  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 08:02:57 PM »

I never did get the hang of removing stains on the carpets  :'(

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 09:01:19 PM »

Lots of new carpets then CLKD  ;D

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 09:38:17 PM »

Eventually ……. once all the pets had gone to Rainbow Bridge we had new carpets and wood flooring  ::)