Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is it normal to get all pms symptoms but no period  (Read 8091 times)

Sarai

Is it normal to get all pms symptoms but no period
« on: June 19, 2015, 10:05:05 AM »

I keep feeling like a period is coming boobs sore, low pelvic ache, tearful, anxious everything then nothing. Well not yet anyway. I'm so confused. I thought sweats were what we got after periods stopped and I've not had any sweats for ages now. I feel I'm an emotional physical roller coaster and it's awful.

Cazikins

Re: Is it normal to get all pms symptoms but no period
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 10:31:47 AM »

Sounds like many of us I'm afraid Sarai, it's all part of the journey.
I remember my periods becoming irregular & occurring out of the blue, keep a diary of your symptoms for a few weeks/months & if worried see your GP.
Cazi x

BrightLight

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 11:39:11 AM »

I've copied this for you, sounds like your situation and 'normal'.

Phantom periods
Even though your periods are missing you still get the usual symptoms and it almost feels like one is coming on. Although your hormones are falling there is still a monthly cycle, not high enough to trigger a bleed but still high enough to give PMS – like symptoms.

Sarai

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 03:42:29 PM »

Thank you Brightlight that is very helpful 😃

mandy43

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 05:45:31 PM »

I ovulated last month and had no period and this month I have had all the symptoms of a period coming and nothing.  I feel like an inflated balloon!!

Sarai

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 09:00:19 AM »

I've had pms symptoms on and off now since February. I just want all this over now.

Sausage

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 03:52:30 PM »

Aha! My last period did not bother coming but I feel like I have had PMT for the last 2 months and weirdly, I am sitting here wishing for a period to relieve the symptoms.

I have just changed from Premique to Elleste duet and apparently this should produce a monthly bleed. Hope so...

Does anyone else have period pains but nothing appears?

Thanks and lots of love to fellow meno sufferers...

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 07:14:31 AM »

Hi Sausage - yes it's quite normal to have period pains but nothing happens. Are you on your first pack of Elleste duet? It can take a while to settle onto a different HRT. The withdrawal bleed should happen once you stop the progesterone (second half) of the pack as the withdrawal of progesterone is what triggers a bleed. I used to start  my bleed on about day three of the next pack. Hope that helps!  By the way lots of us have found it strange that we suddenly long for a period after wanting to be free of them for years!!

Taz x  :)

mandy43

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 03:39:43 PM »

Well Sparkle.  Woke up Saturday morning and somehow felt like a black cloud had lifted and I felt NORMAL!  Then that afternoon period started.  YAY!!!  I am finally deflating.  I don't know what I'll do when my periods finally end, because I never want to feel like that again, it was horrible.

Sausage

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 07:43:57 PM »

Hi Sausage - yes it's quite normal to have period pains but nothing happens. Are you on your first pack of Elleste duet? It can take a while to settle onto a different HRT. The withdrawal bleed should happen once you stop the progesterone (second half) of the pack as the withdrawal of progesterone is what triggers a bleed. I used to start  my bleed on about day three of the next pack. Hope that helps!  By the way lots of us have found it strange that we suddenly long for a period after wanting to be free of them for years!!

Taz x  :)

That helps lots, thanks for taking the time to post. I am on day 7 on Elleste (yes, first pack). It IS weird how we long for periods after dreading the blummin' things  ::)