Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: first aid  (Read 8303 times)

Dorothy

Re: first aid
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 08:15:50 PM »

I am quite squeamish, but I did a first aider course a few years ago and was ok. If you have any particular issues/things that make you upset, it's a good idea to tell the person running the course at the start - they are usually helpful.  After all, people needing first aid can't choose who they become injured in front of and a squeamish person with basic training is surely better than a non-squeamish person with no training.

Mine has lapsed and I need to redo it when I have time.  But I had to stop to help a couple of months ago to help someone who was injured and had difficulty breathing.  Didn't do much apart from recovery position, but I was the only one who stopped for quite a while & I'm sure my memory of the course helped even if it was a while ago.  Always worth doing as you never know when you might need it.

Greyhoundgal

Re: first aid
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 12:12:03 PM »

I'm our first aider at work, did the first course almost 10 years ago and have done two top-up courses since.  Nothing squeamish involved but learnt some really useful stuff.  I haven't had to use it at all at work, worst injury we had was a paper cut ;D ;D ;D  I would sign up for it and then speak to the course leader when you get there and explain your fears.
Pages: 1 [2]