Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Ouch pain in ribs  (Read 2801 times)

Chi chi

Ouch pain in ribs
« on: June 18, 2015, 04:55:58 PM »

For a while now I've had a horrible pain in my upper ribs spreading across my collarbone, it hurts when I move and when I bend over. Initially I thought it was a chest infection as that's what it feels like, like someone's sat on my chest and upper back, went to the GP and he checked everything, blood pressure, listened to my heart and lungs etc also had me doing stretches and bends but everything was "normal" he said to keep taking painkillers which I did and it did go for a couple of days but it's now back but this time it's also hurting right between my chest and more on one side, I think the new pain is from pulling as I knew when I did it  ::)
Does anyone else get this and what do you find helps? It even hurts when I lay down  :-\

ellie

Re: Ouch pain in ribs
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 05:26:02 PM »

It could be wind! Or acid tummy. I get a lot of pain on my left shoulder blade, I have had tummy problems and doc says the pain is from acid in tummy......

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 05:54:37 PM »

Did you lift anything heavy or twist or as you said pull something.

I have done this a couple of times usually because hubby asking me to lift something that's too heavy for me. Once I did it by twisting over the side of a garden chair.

Moving in bed was nightmare. I got on my back and then couldn't move onto my side. It was muscular and the only thing that helped was hot baths and a heat patch on the most tender spots.

If your GP says all else is clear then it's most likely to have been done by yourself.

Hope you feel better soon.

Honeybun
X

Chi chi

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 06:18:00 PM »

I can see where your coming from re wind/indigestion but don't think it's that? Feels like my chests caving in at times  :o or like when you e been really sick and it hurts from all the wretching or after a bad cough, like it's all bruised, feels really sore right between my boobs as well today  :(

Thanks, Will try the heat pad and see if it helps, if not I'm gonna go back to the GP as it's been about a week now if not more and paracetamol and ibuprofen aren't really helping anymore  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 06:30:04 PM »

It took me a good three weeks or so to start to feel better. Even breathing hurt.

I think I have a bit of a weakness though as I have had two broken ribs in the past.

No harm in getting checked out though. Ibuprofen gel can be helpful too.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 07:07:39 PM »

Keep taking the pain relief.  It could be an intercostal muscle sprain ……….

Chi chi

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 04:44:06 PM »

I had a look into that CLKD but it seems more like Costochondritis? Tried to make an appt with GP on Friday but all they could offer was a phone call  :-\  anyway he wants to see me this week so I've got an appt on Wednesday, he's talking about poss chest X-ray  ??? It's been 4 weeks since it started, I thought it was a couple  :o
Of course all sorts of things are going round my head now  ::) mainly lung cancer  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 08:18:19 PM »

::) …….. my Grandad lived on half a lung for years  ;)

Do you remember 'pulling' something or moving suddenly …… does pain relief ease symptoms?