Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New AD dose  (Read 1725 times)

Spangles

New AD dose
« on: June 21, 2015, 11:05:38 AM »

Hi Ladies
A week ago I started to take 40mg of citalopram instead of 30mg, I'm feeling worse on this dose, is it normal and will it settle?
Does anyone know?
Feeling awful
Shellb
xXx

honeybun

Re: New AD dose
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 11:10:38 AM »

In what way awful. Is it back to when you first started and had to get over initial side effects.

Could you have a bit of a bug maybe or is it just from when you increased your dose.

Sorry I can't help much as I don't take ADs but I'm sure someone who does will be along soon.

Honeybun
X

Mrs January

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 11:41:42 AM »

Hi There

I take 40mgs of Citralopam, since April last year and felt a wobble when I went from 30 to 40. What about a 30/40 alternate days ? would that help? I tried a couple of weeks ago to come down from 40 to 30 and gosh go the wobbles. I treat it like something I just take every day now and accept that it helps me.

Hugs Mrs January xxxx

Grumpymum

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 12:21:45 PM »

I don't know what strength your pills come in, but could you split the dose and take part in the morning and part at bedtime?

dazned

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 12:23:26 PM »

I know it's not easy but it will settle just give it a bit more time sure will see some benefits soon.

Spangles

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 02:19:35 PM »

Thanks ladies,
Last Tuesday I took 40mg in the morning, I did that for three days as I was very nauseous and anxious with it, my mood has been low too, hence the up dose. The last two days I have split the dose but I haven't noticed any difference yet. I'm also very sleepy, I thought because I've been on this medication for a long time, I mean a few years, that I wouldn't notice upping the dose, how wrong was I !!! The mornings are really bad, I feel like I'm on the edge of a breakdown but by lunchtimes/early afternoon I'm feeling calmer, I just wish I could feel like that all the time.
Thank you
Shellb
xXx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 02:20:38 PM »

Those side-effects can be awful …….. both increasing a dose and tapering off  :'(.  Set-backs - which this is - can feel worse than the initial onset!  >:(

The alternative days seems a good idea?  When do you take the extra dose morning or evening?