Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Stopped taking HRT  (Read 1946 times)

MandyMoo

Stopped taking HRT
« on: June 17, 2015, 02:03:26 PM »

Hello Everyone, 

I stopped taking HRT a month ago, I had a scan and my womb lining measured 11.2 mm in parts so my GP asked me to stop taking the HRT (Conti) and sent me for a hysteroscopy.  My question is how soon do the menopausal symptoms start to appear?  Up to now I've had a period, a couple of Hot flushes, a few headaches and tiredness but thats about it.  I was on HRT for 5 years and I can't believe I've got of this easy with the symptoms  :)

Thanks in advance

Mandy

bramble

Re: Stopped taking HRT
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 03:34:02 PM »

I stopped HRT quite slowly, had a few hot flushes and nights of broken sleep but that's all. You may be as lucky.

Bramble

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 10:45:42 PM »

As Bramble says you may be lucky - fingers crossed for you!

I found it took around three months for the symptoms to return but I was post meno when I stopped the first time so that might make a difference.

Taz x

Sunnydays

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 06:18:54 PM »

MandyMoo, could I ask what lead to you needing a scan? I just wondered how it was determined you might have a problem. As i"ve recently started hrt, should there be anything to look out for?
Kind regards, Sunnydays

MandyMoo

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 10:32:58 AM »

Hello Sunnydays,  sorry its been so long and I hope you get this message.  I had the scan because I was having a brownish discharge and had some tummy cramps as well.  After my GP received the results of the hysteroscopy he said it was because I was on a continuous HRT and that blood had built up in my uterus in large clots.  He did say that I could go back on Sequential HRT, but I decided to ride it out and see what happened.  The hot flushes have come back quite strongly but I am coping with it as I feel 'normal' again.  I think HRT did help me at first but I am glad that I've come off it now.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 03:01:16 PM »

Little steps  ;)

:welcomemm: