Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Continuous HRT - Quick Question  (Read 1516 times)

Morwenna

Continuous HRT - Quick Question
« on: June 16, 2015, 08:11:31 AM »

I moved from Femoston 2/10 Sequi to Femoston 1/5 Conti back in February. My GP's advice was to move straight from one to the other so I had no withdrawal bleed at the time and have not had one since. Up until yesterday. It feels like a full on period - pain, clots, the works. I was late taking my tablet on Friday but only by six hours. Would this delay be enough to cause a bleed? Or is it the 'break through bleeding' the enclosed leaflet advises may happen in the first six months? Should I be concerned? I am 55.

Thank you x

Greyhoundgal

Re: Continuous HRT - Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 12:14:15 PM »

I'm not entirely sure Morwenna - I moved from Femoston 1/10 to 1/5 conti back in September.  Like you I started the new pack as soon as I had finished the last of the old ones.  I did have a bleed at the end of the first month - my nurse had asked me to tell her if I had any bleeding - she, and I thought it was just my usual monthly bleed that I would have had had I stayed on the Sequi version but not had anything else since then.  Once in a while I get a sort of a period pain, that crampy dragging feeling in the tummy but it hasn't come to anything.  I think I would perhaps visit your GP just for some reassurance - I managed to speak to my nurse on the phone so avoided an appointment.

Morwenna

Re: Continuous HRT - Quick Question
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 06:27:16 AM »

Thank you Greyhoundgal, I'm reluctant to go to my GP about it in case he tells me to stop the HRT all together. I now have worries buzzing through my mind such as could it be Fibroids, or has my uterus lining thickened? I thought continuous progesterone was supposed to stop that happening. I don't really understand how it works  :-\