Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help with the Elderley!  (Read 9713 times)

honeybun

Re: Help with the Elderley!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2015, 09:09:01 PM »

Glad it's all taking shape albeit slowly. The natural instinct is to say you can help but sometimes it's just not possible.
I hope you get things sorted out really soon and it's great your mum has found somewhere she really likes. Battle is won there already.

Let us know

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2015, 10:03:24 PM »

Thanks for the update!  It is certainly taking an age to get this sorted for you and your Mum  :'(  :-\

Scampi

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2015, 02:01:59 PM »

Robotwars - ring Social Services at least every other day until they've got things sorted - I've learnt through experience they miraculously  get the referral when you nag them!  When my mum was first assessed for care (at home at that stage), she had fallen 3 times before I finally got Social Services to come out - my final phone call to them was along the lines of 'how many bones does my mother have to break before someone will call to see her?' (she hadn't broken any at that time, but it was purely by luck).

I hope you get things sorted soon - as others have said, DON'T tell them you can do anything to help.  Your mum should be able to get carers to help with personal care (and maybe things like washing up, laundry, etc - my Mum's carers had a list of light housework jobs to do if needed), and if she can claim Attendance Allowance she could use at least some of it to pay for a cleaner (mum had one once a week).  It's a great relief once it's all sorted, but 'they' don't make the process easy  :(

robotwars

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 06:45:19 PM »

Thanks for all your replies, just hoping she gets into the care home she likes, knowing our luck all the spaces will be gone by the time we get through social services, I telephoned again today and they said she was on the extremely urgent pile, so fingers crossed we get somewhere soon...............

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 04:27:28 PM »

Whilst clearing out a carrier bag I've found an advert that I cut from a magazine over 12 months ago  ::) for Able Community Care …… they do a support for people going on holiday which might be worth while considering if only I could remember the lady whose Dad wants to go out and about  :-\

limpy

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 07:52:14 PM »

Whilst clearing out a carrier bag I've found an advert that I cut from a magazine over 12 months ago  ::) for Able Community Care …… they do a support for people going on holiday which might be worth while considering if only I could remember the lady whose Dad wants to go out and about  :-\

Dulciana?

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 07:57:45 PM »

Could have been ………  :thankyou:
Pages: 1 [2]