Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Health anxiety tetanus this time  (Read 6728 times)

honeybun

Re: Health anxiety tetanus this time
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 07:06:42 PM »

When my hubby had a heart attack he was whisked off by ambulance. I followed in the car after I got care for my kids. By the time I got to see him he was on this extra special drip that would reduce the risk of damage to his heart. Well that was great, until I noticed his hand was swelling up....they had missed the vein. Fortunately it was quickly corrected .....but really....if I hadn't been there with him  ???

Honeybun
X

countrybumpkin

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2015, 08:00:27 PM »

I did not know this until I went about 10 years ago to get a booster as I had cut my foot in the garden - badly - you are only allowed so many tetanus boosters in your lifetime and the nurse would not give me one. Anyone else heard the same?

Yes you don't need any more boosters if you have had  full courses in childhood and had three boosters since.  I was told this about 10 years ago when I got my leg tangled in a bramble bush.  Dr said that they can do more harm than good if you have more than you should :o

oldsheep

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 06:01:18 PM »

I last had a single tetanus jab in London about 25 years ago, while I had M.E. It flared everything up intensely (not just a sore arm - I was really ill). They measured my antibodies and they were the same as someone who'd had about 5 jabs all at once, or had been exposed to tetanus (I hadn't). I remember the doctor suggesting that I was one of those weird people who visit hospitals for multiple in inoculations   :o
Eventually my SA GP told me no more tetanus boosters, but if I was exposed I should take antibiotics. That was in South Africa where the risk of tetanus is far higher than the UK, where it's very rare.  I have heard that the tetanus inoculation is a particularly nasty one.

I still think about it when I **** myself on a rose bush mind you  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 10:14:13 PM »

It never crosses my mind and I'm in our garden a lot as you know …… and clumsy with it  ::)

Some people are allergic to eggs which are used in some vaccines ………..
Pages: 1 [2]