Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: CAN YOU USE OVESTIN IF YOU ARE 61 AND HAVE TAKEN HRT FOR 10 YEARS?  (Read 1935 times)

theodora

I AM 61 AND HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THE USUAL SYMPTOMS FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS. RECENTLY I HAVE  FOUND HAVING SEX PAINFUL FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE. I TRIED USING A LUBRICANT BUT THIS DIDN'T HELP WITH THE TIGHT FEELING WHICH IS VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. I KNOW I WILL NEED TO SEE MY GP BUT HAS ANYONE HAD OVESTIN CREAM OR SIMILAR OESTROGEN CREAM PRESCRIBED HAVING HAD HRT FOR 10 YEARS? IF YOU HAVE, OR CAN HELP IN ANYWAY I WOULD TO HEAR FROM YOU, SO I CAN ENJOY SEX FOR A FEW MORE YEARS???!!!

Taz2

Re: CAN YOU USE OVESTIN IF YOU ARE 61 AND HAVE TAKEN HRT FOR 10 YEARS?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 07:23:38 PM »

Hi theodora - welcome to the forum.

Are you still on HRT? I have been prescribed both HRT and vagifem to use together. I'm 61 and have been on HRT for eight years - apart from a year when I had to come off due to reaching 60. What a bad decision that was by the GP!

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 07:26:25 PM »

Hi theodora

:welcomemm: from me too!

What Taz said - except I'm 62! Also 8 years on HRT and still on it! Also on Vagifem or Gynest....

Hurdity x

theodora

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 07:58:53 PM »

Hi Taz and Hurstin,
Thanks for your replies i now have the confidence to see my GP and ask for an oestrogen cream and hope it will do the trick 8)

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 08:05:38 PM »

I agree with Taz & Hurdity.
I've been given Gynest cream (name changed) to use with Evorel Conti patches in the past.
Worked beautifully, I think I'me going to go back and request more.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 09:40:48 PM »

I think many of us will be on local oestrogen for the rest of our lives -  not just to be able to have sex but also to keep us reasonably comfortable on a day to day basis. DG x