Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Colouring hair at home  (Read 9620 times)

ariadne

Re: Colouring hair at home
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2015, 07:23:49 PM »

I do my roots every 4 weeks. I only use half a box to do the roots. Just squeeze out half the tube and half the developer into a bowl and mix. Before, I was mixing up the whole lot and throwing half away as I didnt need it all to cover the roots. This way a box lasts for two root touch ups.

Ariadne xx

getting_old

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2015, 07:26:41 PM »

My hair is shoulder length and the roots start to show around 3-4 weeks depending on the time of year. Maybe it's the weight / length that causes it to grow faster  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2015, 07:47:24 PM »

I get six to seven weeks before I need to do mine again. I have to re colour more often in summer because the sun fades my colour. A good colour shampoo helps hold onto the dye.

My daughter has hers done at the hairdressers now....it's simply too long for me to do and hers lasts for about 10-12 weeks. There must be in difference in what they use.

Honeyb
X

Winterose

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2015, 08:02:06 PM »

MIne lasts 3 months too before it needs retouching , when I returned after DIY they stripped out all the colour and re did it, looked so much better as it was all done with about 4 different colours , think it depends on your type of hair and what you want end result to be.  I have friends who've home dyed for years and it looks fine, just didnt work too well for me, give it a go - and see what you think

getting_old

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2015, 08:12:16 PM »

When I went to the hairdressers and had it coloured professionally the roots started to show after 2 weeks, so much faster than the home colour stuff, but cost 10 times more  >:(
Pages: 1 2 [3]