Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oestrogel - maximum dose  (Read 14470 times)

Chi chi

Re: Oestrogel - maximum dose
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 09:26:11 AM »

I had my levels tested about a month ago, my estrogen was 438, testosterone was 8.5. Before the implants my estrogen was 1001 and testosterone was 8.3

Dandelion

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 07:13:51 PM »

I'm on evorel patches, dunno if the gel was an option at our practice.
I'm on evorel 100, which is really high, but I did try 50, then 75mcgs and then 100.
The 50 worked a bit, the 75 a bit more but the 100 works better.
I am really surprised I need this much oestrogen.
I'm only 48, but my meno started at 42, but I still have my womb, so it is all rather strange.
The flushes I was getting were soaking my hair and making me feel terrible.
Dunno if there is something wrong with me for needing so much oestrogen.
Femoston pills didn't touch me, even though they are supposed to offer as much oestrogen as the patches/gel.
I went through a stage, when on 75mcg evorel of wondering whether hrt just didnt work for me full stop, until I tried the 100mcg, and these are a lot better.
I still get hot but it's summer, and I don't get hot in spring or winter.
Last year, on a cold November day, I was walking round like a silly bugger, in a small thin top, sweating, but I saw a friend who wondered why I didn't have a coat on, and I said I was too hot. I was even too hot to carry the coat on my arm, so I had it in a bag.
I just hope that I don't start sweating and flushing through the evorel 100, but so far so good.
I don't know why some women need so much oestrogen and some can get away with just a little.
No one in my family needed as much as me.

My GP and the endocrinologist I saw both said that, in our 30s and early 40s, our bodies need far more oestrogen than a decade later. I initially tried a 50 patch, then 75, but still had symptoms. Switched to a CCP with (bio identical) oestrogen levels between 20mg and 30mg and had much more relief. This is still considered 'low' for a CCP (and synthetic estrogens are even more potent). It's a mine field, isn't it?
Hi Briony, what is a ccp please?

Briony

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 10:04:28 PM »

Sorry. Combined contraceptive pill. I also meant 2 and 3 mg, not 20/30!  I take Qlaira  xx

Dandelion

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 08:52:30 AM »

Sorry. Combined contraceptive pill. I also meant 2 and 3 mg, not 20/30!  I take Qlaira  xx
Hi thanks

GeordieGirl

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 09:03:41 AM »

Has anyone found that 4 pumps per day is not enough? Can you even go higher than that??

Are you sure that oestrogen is the issue ? Are you using progesterone and / or any other hormones at all?

My side effects were down to too much oestrogen, fortunately easily resolved by cutting down to just the one pump. I suspect I'll have an awful lot less oestrogen in my body than in my pre-meno days but it feels balanced at the moment so I'm happy with that.

GG x

Dandelion

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 12:30:42 PM »

Has anyone found that 4 pumps per day is not enough? Can you even go higher than that??

Are you sure that oestrogen is the issue ? Are you using progesterone and / or any other hormones at all?

My side effects were down to too much oestrogen, fortunately easily resolved by cutting down to just the one pump. I suspect I'll have an awful lot less oestrogen in my body than in my pre-meno days but it feels balanced at the moment so I'm happy with that.

GG x
Hi GG
It's good to know that ladies are feeling better when they adjust their dose.
I was on femoston for a year and because my bowel wasn't working, I didn't absorb the pill way of oestrogen delivery.
Patches are better way of delivery for me. I am on 100mcg, after trialling the 50mcg and the 75mcg patches for three months each.
I was still getting flushes on the 50mcg and 75mcg, albeit reduced flushes on 75mcg, but on the 100mcg, I could put my bedside fan back in the cupboard, as the flushes went.
I never got rid of the anxiety and depression, but I understand that these symptoms of meno don't always go away when hrt is started.
I wonder, what were your side effects of too much oestrogen?

I am only 48years old, but the flushes started when I was 42 and got steadily worse until I started the patches. I didn't start hrt until I was 47, as I didn't know I was meno, and I put the symptoms down to withdrawals from the drugs that I was prescribed and weaning off at the time.

I don't know if I am post meno now, given that I have been flushing for six years, but I got quite a heavy period one months, when I didn't take my utrogestan, so this tells me I am still peri, after all this time.

Anyway I will shut up now, as I not an oestrogel user, and this is an oestrogel thread.

thanks for reading anyway

GeordieGirl

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2015, 08:37:24 AM »

I found my breasts became really heavy and quite sore, my nipples were like coat hooks (a positive according to my partner, though not good with tight t-shirts  ;D ).  Although I was presecribed the oestrogen and progesterone to take daily, I've decided to have a short break each month and it seems to have worked, my breasts are fine now after a break and one week back on. I suspect the issue is cumulative so it'll be interesting to see if by the end of the month I'm getting heavy again.  My nipples are still erect but not quite as bad as previous.

By the end of the days 'off' I could feel symptoms re-appearing, my neck and shoulder muscles started aching badly. I may reduce this next time by a day - it's all a case of trial and error at the moment.

GG X

Dandelion

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2015, 10:33:30 PM »

I found my breasts became really heavy and quite sore, my nipples were like coat hooks (a positive according to my partner, though not good with tight t-shirts  ;D ).  Although I was presecribed the oestrogen and progesterone to take daily, I've decided to have a short break each month and it seems to have worked, my breasts are fine now after a break and one week back on. I suspect the issue is cumulative so it'll be interesting to see if by the end of the month I'm getting heavy again.  My nipples are still erect but not quite as bad as previous.

By the end of the days 'off' I could feel symptoms re-appearing, my neck and shoulder muscles started aching badly. I may reduce this next time by a day - it's all a case of trial and error at the moment.

GG X
Hi GG

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry you had breast trouble, but glad that you are finding a way around them and good luck with it.
Pages: 1 [2]