Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My poor Mum  (Read 9214 times)

Dyan

Re: My poor Mum
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 12:47:13 PM »

Judith57  :hug:

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2015, 12:56:07 PM »

:hug:

Judith57

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2015, 06:00:01 PM »

Thank you all for your hugs.

I am about 70 miles away Taz but I can't drive at the moment due to my pelvic pain issues and I am still working. I used to be able to talk to her on the phone but that isn't an option anymore. My brother is closer to her than I am and he visits in his lunch hour twice a week (still a 50 mile round trip though) but I'm not sure how aware she is of his visits as she told me last time I was there that he was in prison and she told me yesterday that he had commited suicide! She wouldn't even be aware of letters or cards either.

We did have a set-to with her doctor earlier in the year as they were keeping her drugged and she was talking complete gibberish, she is much more aware now but still very confused. It is difficult to know what to do for the best really  :'(

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2015, 06:11:26 PM »

Nothing you can realistically do Judith.

As long as your mum is being well looked after that's great.

You and your brother obviously care very much and even though your mum is unaware it still makes a big difference.

Honeybun
X

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2015, 09:30:57 PM »

Judith - do you know whether your mum has developed dementia due to her Parkinsons? There is a special type of dementia, lewy body, which is typical in Parkinsons disease. This causes hallucinations and delusions. I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned to you or whether you have had any help from the Parkinsons Society? I only know about this because a neighbour I was very close too developed lewy body a couple of years after being diagnosed with Parkinsons.

Taz x

Annie0710

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2015, 10:15:39 PM »

Lots of hugs Judith for you and your mum

Annie xx

Judith57

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2015, 04:09:04 PM »

Taz, she was recently diagnosed with progressive supranuclear palsy which is often mis-diagnosed as Parkinson's. It can cause dementia, but it has been awful to see her body slowly deteriorate.   :'(

I just looked it up on Wikipedia, only 6 people per 100,000 have it so it is quite rare but really awful to witness.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2015, 09:51:11 PM »

:hug:

Taz2

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2015, 11:06:16 PM »

Hi Judith - I have heard of this illness. Did you know there was a forum on the NHS site? http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Progressive-supranuclear-palsy/Pages/Introduction.aspx  Not sure whether you may find some comfort in speaking to others in the same situation?

Taz x
Pages: 1 [2]