Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Wedding present  (Read 5809 times)

bramble

Wedding present
« on: June 07, 2015, 08:56:39 PM »

A friend is getting married abroad in a few months time. I have no idea what to get as a wedding present. Her and her partner have been together for about 15 years so their house and garden are well furnished. Has anyone got any ideas of an unusual present to get them? I would spend up to £50. A bit more maybe for something special.

Bramble

honeybun

Re: Wedding present
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 09:19:47 PM »

When my nephew got married he had his own house and needed nothing and asked for no big gifts, so we went small and thoughtful.

I bought him a silver quaich. I had it engraved with names and date and him and his new wife drank a little toast from it.

It was a bit different....mind you they got married at Gretna

Honeybun
X

littleminnie

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 07:25:07 AM »

A lot of couples have those wedding post boxes now at the reception, so you could give them money or a voucher. I know it's nice to give a gift but if they have been together 15 years they probably don't need anything.

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 10:06:08 AM »

Many couples who have been together for ages & already have everything they need house wise, open an account with a tour operator.

Of course that's not very unusual or personal.  Why not try not on the high Street website, might give you some ideas.  I bought shoe stickers for son's fiancé to attach to insteps of her wedding shoes saying Mr &  Mrs.

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 10:46:04 AM »

Just thought of something which might fit the bill. A personalised framed poster. My daughter was given one which included where they were born, where their kids were born etc. Sure you could do a wedding one. Gettingpersonal website even has a wedding one.

dazned

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 12:04:41 PM »

When we got married abroad we too also had a home set up so said no need for presents but if anyone wanted to give anything get travel vouchers. We then used them for a fantastic holiday to Kenya something which ordinarily we wouldn't be able to afford. Or depending upon where they live a voucher for a special afternoon tea at a country house or posh hotel maybe.

Briony

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 05:20:59 PM »

I  went on ebay and got a friend a series of household style magazines and newspapers  from the same date as their wedding day, dating right back to the 1960s and 1970s. She was thrilled. It didn't cost lots, but took patience as I kept having to search the date every few weeks to see if something new had been put on.  x

oldsheep

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 06:17:01 PM »

An Italian woman I used to know told me that they give lemon trees as wedding presents - it's meant to bring luck to a home. Depends where they live though and how cold it gets.