Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Yaay! Diagnosis  (Read 2240 times)

Miriam

Yaay! Diagnosis
« on: June 08, 2015, 06:11:23 PM »

Saw GP this afternoon & it turns out I have Lichen Planus & am not lacking in hormones. The doc said it was unusual for s sufferer to be pleased at the diagnosis - I said I am because now I know it's easily fixed with the steroid cream she gave me. I wonder if anyone in the burning club thread has this too but has also been over looked like I was by a disinterested GP. I'm glad I went to see another one in the same practice. But this could have been sorted 3 years ago if the 1st GP had not just sent me away, telling me to "get on with it" in effect.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Yaay! Diagnosis
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 06:37:47 PM »

So pleased that you are so pleased ………. let us know how you get on!

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 07:26:32 PM »

Glad you've found out what it is but sorry you have it! I know that if you have it on your arms or legs it tends to resolve itself after six months or so but not sure what happens if it affects the genitals or mouth?

Taz x

ancient runner

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 09:53:19 PM »

Hello Miriam, what are your symptoms? Were you the lady who didn't have obvious white patches?

Maryjane

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 06:26:51 AM »

You don't always need white patches for LS or LP .......I am on a FB group for LS and quite a few have never had the White only the burning and atrophy......the only way of knowing for sure is a biopsy......or using the very high potent steroids that are used to control the condition......I personally feel if VA isn't clearing up with conventional local oestrogen then you need to see a vulva dermo.......

Miriam ......how did your GP no it was LP and not LS without a biopsy ? Out of interest.Dr Goldstein in America who is a world leader on LP/LS says the way the steroid cream is used is key........you should have a very warm bath for about ten mins each time before application.....and then rub it into the area for 90 seconds this is key as its the only way to get the steroid down into the layers where the LS/LP live......ladies who have had it for years have never been told this do it his way and bingo start to get better.

Miriam

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 06:32:19 AM »

Hi all. She says it's LP because there are no white patches. I'll also try the hot bath, thanks for the info on that. The only thing doc did say is don't keep googling it. I did & now I see there is a cancer risk in  a smal number of cases. Oh boy, didn't expect that one.
my symptoms are v.atrophy, burning , itching internally but worse just at entrance to vagina but it's spreading towards my clitoris.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 06:33:58 AM by Miriam »