Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thank you Mr Muscle  (Read 9863 times)

bramble

Thank you Mr Muscle
« on: June 08, 2015, 03:10:46 PM »

Thank you Mr Muscle bathroom and kitchen drain gel. It has performed miracles on my bathroom sink! I am so happy - after having envisaged half the garden, my new conservatory floor and the newly laid path all having to be dug up to fix the irreparably blocked drainage pipes. Oh for not having such a vivid imagination!

Joyce

Re: Thank you Mr Muscle
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 03:33:43 PM »

Mr Muscle is good! I use him from time to time.  Know what you mean about letting imagination run riot.  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 04:12:13 PM »

Ooo I love a bit of muscle. Works every time  ;D

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 04:16:44 PM »

Every time ?  :-X  ;D

We had a smell from our downstairs cloakroom for years. Turned out that when the house was being built in 1968, a slab of concrete had been left at an angle below the hall floor - the waste pipes from the kitchen were placed under the floor from back of the house to the drain at the front.  One 14 Feb. 3 men were there rodding ……. for hours.  Eventually the slab moved slightly, allowing a lunge of 20 year old gunge through >holds nose<.  It's been OK since, fortunately.  Of course, the floors are concrete  :o  :-X ……… I had my bags packed and hotel booked at the very thought of being here when they were taken up  :D

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 04:19:22 PM »

Chippendales then and I don't mean chairs  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 04:34:53 PM »

Oh we are a Mine of Info.  ;)

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 05:09:51 PM »

Old work colleague had a blockage in her pipes which they couldn't source initially. Her hubby refused to be beaten, so he & a friend dug up their driveway to source the problem. And the problem was years of tampons! However, the problem was fixed, new pipes laid & she was banned from flushing said tampons ever again.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 06:41:33 PM »

There's currently an advert by Anglian water about not putting 'wipes into the pipes'  ::) - some truth in it then.

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 07:08:19 PM »

Wipes in the bin has been advertised here for a long while now. I always bin mine....well since my neighbour had a blockage  ::)

Slapped wrist for me.

Honeybun
X

kerrieann

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 07:49:47 PM »

honeybun, i got told off by our next door neighbour for flushing wipes  :o  he works for the council in the drains dept and he said that its the worse thing you can flush, i felt terrible as he has always unbloocked our drains for years, the when he asked if i was flushing wipes i felt awful   kerrie

bramble

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2015, 08:07:11 PM »

I don't flush anything apart from the obvious. However I did have a tiler in the bathroom last week and I wonder if he had washed stuff down the sink which was making it slow to empty. I did try a plunger to no avail before I got the Mr Muscle stuff. I must now check that the bath is emptying ok as well.

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 09:46:05 PM »

It was just makeup wipes on occasions. I don't do it anymore though. I did feel really bad about it though.

Honeybun
X

Annie0710

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 10:58:19 PM »

Those flushable wipes are ok though...,, aren't they 🙏

Annie xx

Scampi

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 07:07:34 AM »

If by 'flushable wipes' you mean the Andrex ones (or other brand with the same intention!), then yes - they are safe to flush.  They disintegrate in the water like toilet paper does.  It's the stuff that's designed not to break up ('normal' wipes, sanitary products, kitchen roll, etc) that blocks pipes.

Jenna

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 08:55:01 AM »

Sorry Scampi, but you should not flush even the wipes sold as 'flushable' - they all block the drains.

Have a look at this (if you can face it!):

http://binit.thameswater.co.uk/

Pages: [1] 2