Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do you cope with anxiety what helps  (Read 8139 times)

dylan

Re: How do you cope with anxiety what helps
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2015, 07:49:47 PM »

you need a distraction ,try not too feed the way you , are feeling . i realise its hard , go out for a walk ,keep busy . have you tried yoga (its very good ) .

Cwtch

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2015, 06:04:01 AM »

The best unsung remedy against anxiety is vitamin B3 as niacinamide (nicotinamide). Taken as 500mg to 1 g three times a day gives you a feeling of calm and peace. It is not expensive, addictive or has side effects. Take it with a B complex pill that has at least 50mg of B1, B2 and B6, once or twice a day. You can get them all at Holland&Barret.

It was my mother, a hospital doctor, who taught me about the virtues of B1, B3 and B6 in therapeutic doses and I remain immensely grateful to her.

Just a question about vit b - I take me no pace. I don't know whether to take the vitamins you recommend instead of it or take the extra vit b with me no pace. Any suggestions? I'll take anything to calm my anxiety. It is so wearing and nothing seems to help. I have cut out alcohol, caffeine, I exercise do deep breathing and relaxation exercises and take kalms.

PaulineW

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2015, 06:50:39 PM »

Not posted for a while but still read all the posts . I really suffer with anxiety when I wake first thing in the morning it tends to go off about mid morning it's awful any recommendations ? It returns sometimes during the day but not  all the time . I find Pilates and similar classes help walking too but it's the mornings that get me down

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 07:26:12 PM »

I take a beta blocker which helps morning anxiety a lot.

Honeybun
X

PaulineW

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2015, 08:24:34 PM »

Honeybun do you have to get these on prescription ? X

GeordieGirl

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2015, 09:21:32 PM »

The best unsung remedy against anxiety is vitamin B3 as niacinamide (nicotinamide). Taken as 500mg to 1 g three times a day gives you a feeling of calm and peace. It is not expensive, addictive or has side effects. Take it with a B complex pill that has at least 50mg of B1, B2 and B6, once or twice a day. You can get them all at Holland&Barret.

It was my mother, a hospital doctor, who taught me about the virtues of B1, B3 and B6 in therapeutic doses and I remain immensely grateful to her.

Vitamins are often the best unsung remedies to many afflictions...and so often overlooked. I'm pretty sure I haven't used B vitamins to their best advantage yet (I'm not suffering anxiety but I'm sure there are a few other things they could help with). Do you know which foods they're found in?

GG x

honeybun

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2015, 09:32:53 PM »

Yes my GP prescribed them for anxiety. I just take a tiny amount...10mg once a day. It's just enough to stop that horrible feeling in the mornings. It doesn't cure things but certainly calm things down to a manageable level.

Honeybun
X
Pages: 1 [2]