Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Any idea what this was?  (Read 2106 times)

Miriam

Any idea what this was?
« on: June 08, 2015, 11:03:04 AM »

At last I'm off to the GP this afternoon to discuss my burning twinkle!!! (My dear friend has been calling my bits this - takes me back to childhood)
I was pondering on my past history & wonder if you may have any ideas about something I suffered from as a child? I remember trips to the docs from about 3 years old because I used to wake up in the night with shooting stabbing pains inside my vagina & around the vulva. Never managed to find a diagnosis & cure, my mum tried keeping me off spicy/strong coloured foods but it never helped. It only happened about 3 -4 times a month & dissappeared with the start of my periods, only to be replaced with endemetiosis & inability to conceive.
Any ideas what it may have been, now there seems to be knowledge about these types of things?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Any idea what this was?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 11:46:34 AM »

Hi there!  Young girls often have problems 'down there' because they get dry, or don't wipe properly = infections …. could you look at your records with your GP that way back?  Send an e-mail to the Surgery to give the GP the opportunity of checking before you arrive?  They may be paper notes which will be kept in a filing cabinet  ::) - more recently notes are kept on the computer.

Miriam

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 12:20:49 PM »

Hi CLKD according to my mum, it never was infection because the episodes lasted only a couple of hours or so & they went as quickly as they came. They left no lasting effects at all. That's what's so odd..any infection would have lasted longer. I may never know what it was, but thought I'd ask.
That whole area has been the bain of my life - always something wrong & now sooooo much pain from the burning. I hope the doc has some good suggestions today. Thank you for replying. I'll  report what she says later.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 01:35:46 PM »

Hopefully treatment for vaginal atrophy.  Let us know.  Some ladies have a condition where the vaginal muscles tense up so that they are unable to experience intercourse, maybe those muscles affected you much earlier.  Tension with no known cause?

Maryjane

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 07:41:56 AM »

PFD pelvic floor dysfunction look it up. My nether regions are also the Bain of my life.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 01:02:52 PM »

Miriam - any news?

Maryjane -  :foryou: