Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hrt help  (Read 4238 times)

Cgq300

Hrt help
« on: June 05, 2015, 03:03:01 AM »

Hi ladies I'm new to this forum and im seriously struggling with hrt and looking for advice. I'm 32 and I'm in the menopause following Cancer treatment last year

. I started on kliogest. This had my mood quite low and poor sleep and bladder problems and really sore breasts.  I was then changed to femiston conti the higher dose. After a week or so I started to get very bad anxiety and panic attacks. Worst few weeks of my life. I have since been changed to prempak c ,125 I think ,the higher dose anyway.

Since I changed the anxiety has calmed down a good bit. I am due to start taking the second prempak tablet in the next few days which is the progesterone part. I am very nervous to take it that it may cause anxiety and panic attacks. Does anyone here know anything about what could possibly have caused the anxiety? The dosage or which hormone? My doctors just keep saying its hit and miss but there's surely more to it than that!!! Something more scientific. I'm new to all this hrt stuff and really haven't a clue.  I really couldn't cope with going back to how I was a few weeks ago. I feel like I'm falling apart. Can't believe I've to go through all this after last year. Sorry for the rant. Thanks in advance.

Christine

Dancinggirl

Re: Hrt help
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 04:51:33 PM »

Hi and welcome to MMCgq300
What type of cancer did you have? I assume you haven't had a hysterectomy as they are giving you combined HRT? Your doctor is right - it is trial and error before you find the right HRT preparation for you. If you really are progesterone intolerant then you could try Utrogestan(micronised progesterone) which is the same as the natural hormone we produce so can be tolerated better. Some women do well with MPA progesterone as well.
You may find Prempak is OK for you. - so you simply have to try it and see.
Do read up all the info on this site and get back to us with questions.  DG x

dazned

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 05:39:08 PM »

Hi :welcomemm:

Sorry to hear of your problems but we'll done on completing your cancer treatment    :medal:

The not so good news is that unfortunately it is a bit trial and error   :-\ crazy as that seems in this scientific world we live in,what suits one won't necessarily suit another. As DG says it's a case of suck it and see haste as that sounds. At least now you have plenty of people here who are willing to support you through this maze. Keep posting and looking around.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 05:43:14 PM »

Hi

I wear an Estradot 50mg pacth and take separate Utrogestan on days 15-26.

I dreaded taking Utrogestan thinking it would make me feel more anxious and depressed. But actually I was fine on it. Progesterone actually has a sedating effect, so should subdue your anxiety. Plus it also aids better sleep.

I did get a few days of anxiety/very low mood after I'd finished taking Utrogestan and when my withdrawl bleed started. But this is very common and is due to the 'come down' from the Utrogestan.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 06:48:10 PM »

Hi Cgq300

:welcomemm: from me too.

Sorry to hear about your health problems and issues. In terms of the anxiety - it could have been due to the dose of oestrogen being too low - if you went into sudden menopause due to surgery, or it might have been due to progesterone intolerance because with both of the other types you had, I think the progestogen was taken continuously which can give rise to continuous side effects in some women.

Good luck with the Prempak. The only thing about this one is that it isn't bio-identical (ie both the oestrogen and the progestogen are not bio-identical) and I wouldn't want to take this type long term. However if it suits you then keep on with it!!

Hurdity x

Cgq300

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 12:02:50 AM »

Thanks girls. It was some rare cancer in my womb. My treatment was chemo and radiation. I still have a womb and I'm in full menopause so im not sure taking prempak is good for me I heard that's for women that still get periods? I'm also a bit concerned as prempak is made out of horse urine and is a very old HRT. It's just crap as I have never suffered with anxiety and depression and I've also been in counselling every week since last September so I really feel my problems are HRT related. I think I may try kliogest again. It seems to be the best of a bad bunch!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 10:53:48 AM »

Cgq300
You poor thing - what a tough time you've had.  :hug:
Climagest has the harsher progesterone so I'd try something else first.
Have you tried Femoston? It has the kinder progesterone and many women say they feel really good on Femoston Just because you are post menopause this doesn't mean you can't still use a sequential HRt that brings a withdrawal bleed every month - many of us prefer this so we don't get too many of the side effects from progesterone. I'd try Femoston sequi first and if it suits you go onto the conti version. . You'll find something that works well for you I'm sure but it is trial and error
If Femoston is no good, then try oestrogen as patch or gel and Utrogestan for the progesterone part. Keep us posted.  DG x