Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Basking in the glory!  (Read 8069 times)

bramble

Basking in the glory!
« on: June 06, 2015, 03:45:03 PM »

..............of having both a cleaned out loft and garage. Set to on Thursday and cleared out about 90% of what I had in the loft. Swept it all out and got a man with a trailer to come on Friday and take it all away to the tip. Set to today and cleaned out the garage. Loaded the car to the brim (4x4 so quite a lot of stuff!) and went to the tip. Swept it all out - managed to ignore the one humungous spider I found. Result!

So now I am basking in the glory - my halo is well and truly polished!!!! I am fast running out of projects to do. Have done quite a lot of major stuff over the past few months. It's a great feeling to feel that you have achieved stuff!

Bramble

honeybun

Re: Basking in the glory!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 03:50:39 PM »

Well done you  :medal:

I know you are not that far away from me....so if you have time on your hands....and a need to tidy and clear out ;D

I make a good cuppa and the tip is not that far away  ;D

Seriously though, it's a great feeling of achievement when that big a job gets done.
What are you going to fill the space with though or is there now room in the garage for the car. ;D

Honeybun
X

Dulciana

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 04:07:26 PM »

Think you should celebrate, Bramble!   :foryou:

bramble

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 04:08:02 PM »

I think I have used up all my cleaning genes for the next wee while! Need to fall out on my kitchen next but I think that will wait until next week.................Off to b&q tomorrow to get some paint!

Bramble

PS. Car is always put in the garage after use! Amazing though how much stuff can be stacked round it and on the walls. All gone - hurrah!

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 04:34:36 PM »

I have lots in my loft. One side is a variety of empty suitcases. Other side toys & games for when grandkids are here. A few things from my mums that our two might want to keep. 

bramble

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 04:47:38 PM »

I live in a cottage so my loft is quite big. You can walk round it. I got it all boarded out and floored when I moved here and then I painted it all white. One half has got wide shelves running along it and I vowed that things would only be put on the shelves, not on the floor. Well over the years things have crept onto the floor - so it was time for a clear out. Found curtains and loads of stuff from work that I had kept for over 12 years - all in the tip now..........

Bramble

Dulciana

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 04:53:07 PM »

Enjoy it!   :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 04:59:50 PM »

:-\ what, no recycling or Freecycle ……… hopefully it will be sorted at the tip  ??? ……..

purplenanny

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 05:42:44 PM »

Did you hesitate or feel guilty about anything you chucked Bramble?
I need you here! !!!!!
I make great cookies ;)
PN x x

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2015, 05:44:44 PM »

I usually have 3 boxes: 1 for skip, 1 for recycling, 1 for 2nd thoughts  ::)

littleminnie

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »

Well done!   I love a good sort out.

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2015, 06:17:21 PM »

In my loft....I have....my daughter  ;D

We did a conversion when we moved here. I have limited eaves space because her room covers the whole loft space.
It has made me very aware of what to keep and what to get rid of, so I have so much less clutter.

Hubby has the garage for his collection of...well everything, I swear that man has not got rid of a nut bolt or screw...or bit of wood for years....just in case. Mind you when things need fixing he always comes up with the part.
My kids laugh and call hubby...Mr Fix It.
Not much he can't turn his hand too.....with all the stuff he has collected   ;D

Honeybun
X

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2015, 06:21:56 PM »

Jealous!! I have a loft full and a garage full. Lots of the "stuff" belongs to my sons who thought that we could store it until they got their own places. They are all grown men now but have no chance of living in anything other than rented flats or small houses with no storage. The garage stuff is my parents who died ten years ago! So much to sort through that I really don't know where to start so it's easier not to but then I feel a horrible sense of panic that when I die my sons will have to sort the lot! I want a skip (after we've all picked through it of course) but husband says no and then disappears for hours up the allotment. Ostrich and head in the sand comes to mine. lol.

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2015, 06:37:16 PM »

I have a lot of my sons stuff that he insists we have to hang onto, including a Hornby train set that is huge  :o
Two houses ago we had to empty the loft. At that point I realised how much unnecessary stuff I had. You know how it goes. You buy a new duvet but hang onto the old one just in case, especially if it's for a child's bed. I had amassed 14 duvets over 17 years in that house, not to mention kettles....just fancied a new one...held onto the old one....again just in case.
When we emptied the loft hubby and son were backwards and forwards to the tip until the bloke that worked there told them not to come back until the next day  ;D
I was seemingly slowing things down, so hubby waited until I was at my mothers and then him and son really went for it and tipped the lot. I haven't actually forgiven him for that because I'm sure he threw out bags that I would have gone through and kept...well I'm not sure what but I would have kept something  ::)

Really cut back now...well except for the garage.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2015, 06:44:43 PM »

I have boxes of stuff to go through …….. in case there's something I want to keep.  I began on Friday - ended up with stuff on our bed not sorted so some of it went back into the box ………. at least I got rid of about half from that box ……..
Pages: [1] 2