Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Chemical menopause and in the dark!  (Read 3631 times)

LJB12

Chemical menopause and in the dark!
« on: June 04, 2015, 01:42:28 PM »

Hi
I have been prescribed Zoladex to treat PMDD/Severe PMS and I'm now 6 weeks into that treatment. I also take Elleste Solo 2mg and have a Mirena coil. No one has really talked to me about what to expect and I feel quite in the dark so hoping someone can share their experiences.

A few days after my second injection I started being extremely tired, not sleepy but exhausted. Also had aches in the joints and muscles as if I have flu. This is most troublesome to me because I'm a triathlete with events to do and I can't currently train.

No one has told me how long to expect these symptoms for, or what I can do to help. I will be having an Oopherectomy in September/October, will these symptoms continue then?

Thanks in advance!

ancient runner

Re: Chemical menopause and in the dark!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 01:52:25 PM »

Welcome to the forum - I don't have any expertise on this but there are ladies who do and I am sure one will be along soon!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 02:25:27 PM »

:welcomemm: from me too.

Who do you Train with, Club/physio ……. is this full-time or do you 'work' too?  What age are you?

Did anyone suggest eating properly?  Your symptoms can be caused by the body being hungry.  Have a look at the National Association for Pre-menstrual Syndrome (NAPS) and ask similar questions.  When I had problems during my latter years of menstruating, of sudden nausea, feelings of faintness etc., I was advised by NAPS to eat a high carb diet spreading it over so that I ate every 3 hours: even through the night! 24/7.  Took a while to remember - when my body wasn't hungry I forgot but the symptoms would return the next month and DH would say 'you haven't eaten properly'  ::)  :-X  Our puppy soon learned that when she needed to pee at 3.00 a.m., there would be a biscuit for both of us on our way back to bed  ;D

Dextrose tablets help ease some of the symptoms as do bananas and packets of mixed fruits and nuts. 

Crashing fatigue is 'common' at 'our' age.  All part of peri-meno sadly.  HORMONES  >:(  ::).  I don't want to be pessimistic but I think your competitions may need to be put on hold until you are feeling 'better'.  Finding a regime is really Trial and Error.  Your body is probably 'on the edge' of having any reserves so will burn up energy really fast.  You may find that if you keep a mood/food diary, plus how you react to each treatment regime, you will have a book at the end of this!  ;)

Is there an Association for Trialethes with good medical advice etc.? 

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 04:30:58 PM »

According to Wikipedia, bone pain is a side effect.  Could it be this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goserelin

Hopefully, it is transient.

lancashirelass

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 07:14:11 PM »

I had zoladex for 6.months with 2mg patch that is quite a.high hrt to be on with it.  I was.only.foven a 25mg patch and felt awful but i.needed to know.if.my endo pain would go.  If you continue tob
 Have issues i would speak to.your gynae