Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Has anyone ever doubled up on Femoston Conti?  (Read 4045 times)

Morwenna

Has anyone ever doubled up on Femoston Conti?
« on: June 03, 2015, 08:13:49 AM »

I switched from Femoston 2/10 sequential HRT to Femoston Conti 1/5 in January. I was concerned about the reduced dose of oestrogen but agreed to try it and see what happened. Unfortunately I'm now experiencing a return of hot flushes, night sweats and insomnia to the point where I feel I need more oestrogen but they don't manufacture Femoston Conti in a 2/10 version. Rather than switch to another brand (as the progesterone in Femoston suits me well) I wondered about asking my GP if I could 'top up' with Femoston 0.5/2.5 - that would make the total dosage 1.5/7.5 - I realise I would be back to paying for two prescriptions but am happy to do that if it helps me. I much prefer the conti HRT as I'm one of those who feels better on daily progesterone and I'm glad to see the back of periods. Has anyone else had experience with this issue? I've a feeling my GP may not agree as it's a bit of an unconventional solution  :-\

Dancinggirl

Re: Has anyone ever doubled up on Femoston Conti?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 09:23:54 AM »

I think this sounds is a very good and logical idea but I don't know anyone who has tried this. If the progesterone in Femoston suits you then it makes sense to simply increase the dose of both the oestrogen and progesterone to keep things in balance.  Good luck and let us know who you get on.  DG x

ancient runner

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 12:09:22 PM »

On the two prescriptions front - if you get other items as well you might want to consider a prepayment card. It's about £29 per quarter or you can get a yearly one. I do quarterly ones and try to bunch prescriptions, then go a few weeks before renewing.

Morwenna

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 04:11:54 PM »

Thank you for the tip - I've used prepayment certificates before. If I time it so my HRT, Vagifem and Movicol all need replacing at the same time I might just save! I have a GP appointment next week so I'll see what they say.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 04:35:59 PM »

Sounds like a good idea Morwenna. No reason why not.

Hurdity x

Casey65

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2022, 10:07:16 AM »

While researching about conti tablets with more than 1 mg estradiol, I found this old thread. I have the same question: can I double the dosage of Femoston Conti 1/5, to get 2/10 daily?
The leaflet states "The usual dose is one tablet daily" for Femoston Conti 1/5. Has anyone tried two tablets each day?
Or maybe take only the last 14 combi pills of Femoston 2/10 and discard the first 14 estradiol only?

Nas

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2022, 11:18:57 AM »

I will be following this with interest. Also on F conti, but feel the dose is not quite enough. I was on the evorel 75 patch with utrogestan but kept bleeding! So made the switch to oral and am hoping I don’t bleed.

Let us know how you go x

Flamingo

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2022, 11:46:37 AM »

Has anyone topped up with a estoegen patch?