Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Update ladies and now new problems!  (Read 12807 times)

ancient runner

Re: Update ladies and now new problems!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 09:50:29 AM »

I know how you feel Mandy, I've had months of worrying about little things and jump at every new symptom. But right now I haven't got that particular symptom - even though there are health things I probably should worry about (got to have an MRI in a couple of weeks) and it's glorious. Like something has been switched off in my head. I am not sure if my hormones are currently behaving or if I've just got very good at firmly igoring worries.

mandy43

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 12:38:53 PM »

I will try to relax but it's hard in this house.  Ancient Runner, What us your MRI for, I do hope all goes well.  I had a panic attack inside one of them machines, see I'm useless.  I can't get rid of this heartburn either, so I'm tossing between what is causing this and what is causing this and is it all interlinked... I'm driving myself mad!!

Sarai

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 02:17:17 PM »

Mandy, I have this problem, worse for me sometimes as I am on blood thinners. You must keep going or you will end up straining and make the bleeding worse.
Piles are enlarged blood vessels but it the doc has seen it, believe her. Use the suppositories and they should shrink, remember they don't go, but if you dont strain they should be ok.
When my anxiety is high I just done look. I wipe without checking the paper, then shut the lid with my eyes shut before flushing.

mandy43

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 04:38:30 PM »

I've frightened myself silly now though, as i have just googled the difference between piles and colon cancer and there really isn't any difference in symptoms.  I thought colon cancer blood was dark, but no, read loads of case studies and the majority said they went the loo and it was full of bright red blood and how the doc told them it was piles and then later down the line they found out it was bowel cancer?  I just want to cry, i can't take this anymore.  Before I went away I had the worry of cervical cancer and I was desperately and still am, tired all the time and thought it was due to cervical cancer, now I'm thinking all the stomach issues I have had for years and the tiredeness and now this blood are due to bowel cancer.  I'm going to have to go private again.  Please if any of you have had piles have you had it where you just go the loo and then all of a sudden there is loads of blood down the loo?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015, 04:50:57 PM »

You've been told how other ladies  with piles have seen blood and still you google  :-\ - you've been to a Dr and been given treatment and still you google  :-\ …….

I doubt if many people who went on to develop colon/bowel cancer had fresh blood in the pan.  Both areas of the body are higher up the intestinal tract working from the anus upwards ……… so it takes longer for blood to be passed from those areas.  Which sites did you GOOGLE, NHS or another one 'out there' which isn't medic based?

Why go private, why not ring your Practice Nurse/GP and ask for reassurance: along the lines of "I wasn't listening properly at my last visit, could you remind me ……… " 

Are you still bleeding?  Remember, what you see seems a lot but in fact, once the pile has popped, the remaining bleed is likely to be from any scab/scarring ……… as you pass the next motion.  A little blood goes a long way!

mandy43

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2015, 05:06:00 PM »

It was one of those ones with NHS stories and it honestly stated my symptoms CLKD.  I don't know if it still there the same as yesterday as I won't go the loo for a no2... I asked the doc how long will it last and she said give it a week but she didn't really want to put a time limit on it as she didn't want to worry me if it went on longer but it was just so out of the blue that it has really scared me.

honeybun

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2015, 06:46:38 PM »

You really need to stop looking on the Internet as its full of scare stories.

Why would your GP take a look and say it was piles if she could not see anything.

As I said, I have had a toilet pan full of blood....a little goes a long way....also on the floor and running down my legs.

As for not going to the loo.....you know from what everyone has said that's so not going to help and can also make you feel unwell.

Now you have had your kick up the bum so now have a  :bighug:  trust your GP and use your medication, go to the loo and allow your body time to get better.

It's piles.

My mother who is 92 complains constantly. As I've told her numerous times....no one has died of piles.

Honeybun
X

mandy43

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2015, 07:02:50 PM »

you truly are a honeybun, thanks so much xx

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2015, 07:53:52 PM »

:kick:  I can never understand why anyone who has visited their GP and not been fobbed off; who asks for advice on a Forum and then looks at 'google' or other sites …….. we are 'real' on here, some of those people on sites really, truly, are not: some are on those other sites put stuff out there with absolutely no knowledge at all  ::)

Don't you trust us  :'(

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2015, 08:19:04 PM »

I don't understand either CLKD?

I would assume the GP will have seen hundreds of cases of piles in their time? There's no reason why they haven't made a completely accurate diagnosis?

And to deliberately refrain from having a bowel movement is just self sabotaging and is only going to make the situation worse.

Greenfields

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2015, 08:28:02 PM »

Mandy can I suggest something?

While you're anxious (which is completely understandable) try to avoid activities that increase your anxiety - so avoid googling health issues around the bowels - before you do something like that, ask yourself is this going to increase or decrease my anxiety?  If it's going to increase it - choose something else - or, ask yourself is this helpful for me to do at this moment?  And answer it honestly.

And just for the sake of argument, if it was the worst possible thing you thought it might be (eg cancer) one week isn't going to make any difference in terms of treatment outcomes - SO give yourself a week where you just focus on it being piles and deal with the symptoms as best you can. If they persist after a week - then go back and see the Dr again.

So think about not looking in the pan.  Being extra kind to your backside when you go.  Keep going - if you avoid going, it's going to take more time to heal because the harder fecal matter will dig into the piles area.  And eat lots of food which makes your poo sloppy - then it will be less strain to evacuate even if it's sloppier than normal.

When you find yourself worrying - do something to distract yourself. List things you can do as distractions and practice being really present with the distraction for at least 5 minutes before you go back to worrying.

Try to do some relaxation exercises as well. That will help your body calm down a bit. Even a 5 minute walk around the block - and also practice really looking around and identifying things to focus on in order to give your mind some distraction.

Remember the more you focus on thinking the worst - the more your mind is going to go there - it's like digging a groove in the brain - it just gets deeper and deeper.  You need to walk a different path in terms of your thought patterns.

You can do it!  It's not easy but the more you practice, the easier it will become.

Sending hugs xxx

mandy43

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2015, 08:44:03 PM »

thank you Greenfields!  I truly understand what everyone is telling me, on here and at home, but I find it so hard to not think negatively.  I have been the toilet and there is still blood in the toilet, so that has sent me plumetting yet again.  sorry to everyone for rambling on about this, just imagine how my family feel.  I will keep going with treatment the doc gave and see how I am by the weekend. 

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2015, 08:46:45 PM »

Mandy I had piles when pregnant. The bleeding came and went for weeks. So don't expect a fast cessation to the bleeding I'm afraid.

Greenfields

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2015, 08:56:10 PM »

thank you Greenfields!  I truly understand what everyone is telling me, on here and at home, but I find it so hard to not think negatively.  I have been the toilet and there is still blood in the toilet, so that has sent me plumetting yet again.  sorry to everyone for rambling on about this, just imagine how my family feel.  I will keep going with treatment the doc gave and see how I am by the weekend.

When you feel the urge to google, google ways to reduce your anxiety!

Here's one link: http://speakoutblog.ca/2015/05/12/my-anxiety-tool-kit/

Sending hugs.
xxx

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2015, 09:14:00 PM »

What would you have done before owning a computer  :-\ …….. go along to your GP!

Bleeding is natural.  Unpleasant but as mentioned, one doesn't die from piles.  What seems to be a lot of blood is usually not, it's the shock effect that is so awful. 

I know how easy it is to be stuck in a thought pattern, as a recovering anorexic it is very difficult to move forwards.  Make a list of what your GP has suggested, how bad your symptoms are, tick off when you do a pooh which is essential or you really WILL have problems  :poke2: and use the medication as prescribed.  Otherwise you really won't heal!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4