Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: And somehow am expected to go to work through all of this!!  (Read 3737 times)

SallyG

I just can't believe how 'ill' I feel. Why oh why do I have to feel like this. Shaky, bad stomach, fuzziness of the mind and weak of body. And that is after 5 months treatment on Anti anxiety tablets and HRT. And somehow am expected to work through all of this!! I didn't realise that hormones were going to be the cause of so much un-wellness in my life.I should be meditating right now but I am ranting instead.

Sorry
SallyGx

Ju Ju

Re: And somehow am expected to go to work through all of this!!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 06:19:44 AM »

You rant away! I feel for you. I had existing health issues, which were compounded by the menopause. I wanted to work, but had to take my pension early and retire. Finances are tight as a result. I hope you start to feel better and able to cope.

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 10:40:24 AM »

Hello SallyG.

I know how you feel. I was 49 when menopause was first mentioned so I went out and bought a book to educate myself. I remember reading the list of symptoms and thinking it was just like being ill, it's no wonder so many of us have health anxiety!

No magic solutions I'm afraid just lots of sympathy and the comfort of knowing that you are not alone in this.

Wishing you well.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 11:54:39 AM »

You rant away, most of us do!

HORMONES  >:(!  maybe your dosage needs a hike?

Take care of you   :foryou:

Greenfields

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 11:56:42 AM »

Sending hugs SallyG.  Like you, I can't believe how ill one can get with hormonal changes. I would be lost without this board for support. xxx

oldsheep

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 04:13:41 PM »

So sorry you have to work. Hope not full time?!
Part time might be helpful so you don't think about how grotty you feel all the time but I do feel for you and hope you can find a way to cope x

Judith57

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 07:08:13 PM »

As we have mentioned on other threads, we are the generation who have to work until 66 or 67 to get our state pension! Also, the 'final salary' or defined benefit pension schemes are gradually being phased out in favour of defined contribution schemes...doesn't bode well for women suffering from crippling menopause problems...

Briony

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 10:31:02 PM »

So know how you feel. I am only 43 and until recently, was seriously considering going part time because of my hormones. I got to the point where I'd wake up and already be counting down the minutes til home and then bed time. A rubbish way to live life. Luckily, switching to Qkaira has massively helped, but I still remember that horrible daunting work day feeling - my heart goes out to you x

Greenfields

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 07:46:44 AM »

As we have mentioned on other threads, we are the generation who have to work until 66 or 67 to get our state pension! Also, the 'final salary' or defined benefit pension schemes are gradually being phased out in favour of defined contribution schemes...doesn't bode well for women suffering from crippling menopause problems...

So true.  And if you are unemployed and/or single like I am and depend on your own income it's incredibly difficult - I'm living off savings and to say it's stressful is an understatement.