Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: high or low estrogen  (Read 2205 times)

donnacrichton

high or low estrogen
« on: June 23, 2015, 12:00:40 PM »

Hoping someone else can help. I'm trying to get a stable dose of estrogen an have been using the same dose for four weeks. I was having arousal and painful breasts and bleeding but they had all eased off. Couple of days ago anxiety and flushes were high and thought it might have gone low. I have been measuring out an exact dose with a syringe as pump was varying. I added about 1mm on the syringe and mayhem. Anxiety tears and flushes and major pain in breasts. How do I know if symptoms are high or low as I am getting same symptoms. I am supposed to be adjusting gel a cording to symptoms.

Dancinggirl

Re: high or low estrogen
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 01:07:19 PM »

donnarichton - I doubt very much if these very slight changes in dose would be giving you these problems.  I can't remember if you are still peri menopausal or not ? It sounds to me as though underlying hormones may be having an effect. I've used Oestrogel for many years and the dosing is very good until you get right to the end of the canister - as soon as you realise it's getting towards the end you need to change to a new one. Trying to transfer it to a syringe could actually reduce the amount you are using!!!
I think your symptoms seem more anxiety related and focusing on the HRT dosage is possibly not helping. I personally don't expect HRt to prevent all my flushes - if there is an improvement then that's great.
Improving your fitness by doing brisk walking can really help.
Do you have any strategies for coping with anxiety?   DG x

donnacrichton

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 02:10:54 PM »

Hi I've had system shut down with zolidex so have no hormones of my own. I  do have anxiety but has been well controlled. I am assuming it is hormonal due to breast tenderness and aroused filing with bleeding. Waiting on consultant phoning x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 04:14:49 PM »

Breast tenderness is quite common when on HRT and I get this when I'm on a highish dose. Erratic and/or excessive bleeding could be too much oestrogen resulting in a build up of the womb lining that might need more progesterone to shed the lining. I'm sure your Gynae will advice. DG x

donnacrichton

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 06:02:54 PM »

Thanks been bleeding since December with arousal and had only stopped and tender breasts in the last week. On Sunday had flushes & tears and had asked had dropped too far added a tiny bit & bang. I seem to have similar flushing when dose is too high. Yet another lesson learned tiny is still too much. Had managed 4 weeks at same dose and 6 months with no sickness at work. Last night & tonight easing off as just about to apply gel x