Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Off to the Docs  (Read 19439 times)

diva

Re: Off to the Docs
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2015, 01:00:25 PM »

Hope you hear some good news soon.
I know the agony of waiting for results.

Sending hugs - stay positive
xxxx

mandy43

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2015, 07:19:22 PM »

well husband managed to get some form of answer but no result.  Lady said result should be due any day and if any consolation I should have heard in 5-7 days if there were a problem... it's no consolation.  I keep thinking they are doing extra tests, like they do the hPV first now and if that's negative no further testing is done but if positive then has to have cells looked at and I'm thinking that is what's happening with mine.  she said she will look out for my result now and will ring straightaway.  I'm getting symptoms like pains down my leg and womb pain and I'm thinking this is it and then I'm thinking It's psychosomatic response... I'm rambling because my head is all over the place.  Now I have all this to deal with again tomorrow and I've had enough!!

BrightLight

« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2015, 08:24:38 PM »

How horrible to be worrying so much, I do empathise.  Please try not to let your mind think the worst, the facts are that the likelihood of action needed from your test is minimal and even more so as the lady reassured you that if there was a problem etc etc.  I know that having the result in your hand or told to you is what you need and until then will likely worry, but try to put it in a box for a bit so you don't create so much anxiety for yourself.

I have felt exactly the same when I had a cervical polyp removed a couple of years ago, that I had avoided removal of for well over a year.  The result was longer than expected, I was then told on the phone a letter was on its way to me, she couldnt say anything but hinted all was well.  I was swinging between reassurance and excrutiating worry until the letter arrived and I had the all clear.

You will get through this and I hope it will be tomorrow when you hear x

mandy43

« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2015, 09:30:22 PM »

thanks Brightlight, think I'll have a glass of wine and put it in that box for tonight xx

BrightLight

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2015, 05:42:21 PM »

Mandy - just wondering how things are?

toffeecushion

« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2015, 07:36:24 PM »

I was wondering too.  Let us know how you are.

mandy43

« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2015, 09:51:40 PM »

was just going to put a post.  NO!!! Still no letter.  So, it's 3 weeks now.  I would have been quicker going through the NHS.  All in all it cost me £228 for the consultation (10 mins and £120), smear (£58) and cytology (£50).  yes, he put my mind at ease and I would be in a much worse state if he hadn't looked in there, but really 3 weeks?  I am due back to see him on my birthday 29th May, so we will see how that goes... but thanks ladies for asking.  Just didn't want to keep burdoneing you all with my worries xx

GeordieGirl

« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2015, 10:05:48 PM »

haha CKLD!  He was very dismissive of the knowledge GPs have on this subject.  Apparently he goes to surgeries to teach them... bloody marvellous!  Wouldn't mind but the GP was a woman of my age, so she must be going through this herself.

Apparently there's a NICE consultation paper up for discussion in June about educating GPs on the menopause. Something that's been badly overlooked in the last decade or so to the detriment of so many of our generation. How many women are being fobbed off and left suffering because of GPs' lack of knowledge?

Of 4 GPs at my local surgery, none knew much about menopause. The Meno Clinic however were great and very knowledgeable, they're also involved in going round to local surgeries to spread awareness. A long process I imagine....

GG x

BrightLight

« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2015, 10:19:50 PM »

was just going to put a post.  NO!!! Still no letter.  So, it's 3 weeks now.  I would have been quicker going through the NHS.  All in all it cost me £228 for the consultation (10 mins and £120), smear (£58) and cytology (£50).  yes, he put my mind at ease and I would be in a much worse state if he hadn't looked in there, but really 3 weeks?  I am due back to see him on my birthday 29th May, so we will see how that goes... but thanks ladies for asking.  Just didn't want to keep burdoneing you all with my worries xx

:-\  :-\ Hmm that's not such a great service - sorry you haven't heard, that's really not great. It is no burden to read your posts. 

mandy43

« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2015, 10:24:04 PM »

It's a poor service alright and I am going to bring this up when I see him.  So far I have only paid for the consultation fee and was sent a bill in the post for the smear and cytology... well, I'm not paying it!  To make someone wait this long for a result that I was told would take 10-14 days, is just ludicrous.  Not his fault, I know, but, should not be allowed.

BrightLight

« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2015, 12:51:20 AM »

It's a poor service alright and I am going to bring this up when I see him.  So far I have only paid for the consultation fee and was sent a bill in the post for the smear and cytology... well, I'm not paying it!  To make someone wait this long for a result that I was told would take 10-14 days, is just ludicrous.  Not his fault, I know, but, should not be allowed.

Good that you have been sent an invoice and haven't paid that part yet - easier to refuse.  Considering you took this route to ease anxiety, it really isn't a great outcome. At least the consultant himself was helpful.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2015, 09:10:14 PM »

The Consultant may not be aware of the lateness of the result.  Even with Bank Holidays etc. the result should have been back!

When will the appt. be ?

MrsMopp

« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2015, 07:29:00 PM »

and not before time GG.  I have just changed practices because of the complete lack of knowledge about the meno at my surgery.  Here's hoping the new one is an improvement.

[/quote]

Apparently there's a NICE consultation paper up for discussion in June about educating GPs on the menopause. Something that's been badly overlooked in the last decade or so to the detriment of so many of our generation. How many women are being fobbed off and left suffering because of GPs' lack of knowledge?

Of 4 GPs at my local surgery, none knew much about menopause. The Meno Clinic however were great and very knowledgeable, they're also involved in going round to local surgeries to spread awareness. A long process I imagine....

GG x
[/quote]

toffeecushion

« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2015, 11:26:44 AM »

How did your appointment go?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]