Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti  (Read 2402 times)

Sf

Evorel conti
« on: May 28, 2015, 08:30:03 AM »

Hello
This is my first post and I'm wondering if anyone has had any symptoms similar to mine. I had my ovaries removed in 2011 and a double mastectomy with reconstruction a year ago as I have the braca1 gene. I've been on evorel conti for 6 months as I was struggling with the menopause. I'm now bleeding which was a big shock to me, have seen my GP who tried to see what's going on but I'm bleeding too much for her see anything only my cervix. Now waiting for a referral which I've been told will only be a few weeks which is really quick but I can't stop worrying as I thought all my worries were over now. GP told me to stop my patches so just waiting for hot flushes and night sweats to start again.

Also done the wrong thing by searching the Internet.

Hurdity

Re: Evorel conti
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 10:20:06 AM »

Hi Sf

Your post seems to have got missed so just wanted to say  :welcomemm:

Also sorry to hear about the bleeding and your health issues too. Have you only just started bleeding? How long before your operation had you been without periods? I know it is normal for bleeding to happen on conti HRT but usually it happens early on. At least you've done the right thing in going to the GP to have it investigated and fingers crossed all will be well. Try not to worry in the meantime.

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 01:01:29 PM »

:welcomemm: from me too. Let us know how you get on.

Taz x  :)

Sf

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 07:51:44 PM »

Thanks for your kind words.

I'm very lucky as my ops have all been preventative so feel blessed that I'm healthy. I haven't had a period for 3 1/2 years and struggled with the menopause as couldn't have hrt with the increased risk of breast cancer. But as I now no longer have to worry about this thought I'd give it a go. Have been bleeding for a week but it seems to be getting lighter now, I've done a little research and a bleed can happen so fingers crossed. Also finding the weight gain hard x

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 09:53:17 PM »

:welcomemm:

Nice to have you with us. Browse around and join in. Always someone around to try and help.

Honeybun
X