Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: really scared  (Read 6133 times)

angelindskiexx

really scared
« on: May 28, 2015, 08:57:08 AM »

I called the hospital this morning for my endometrial biopsy results... the Secretary said she can't interpret the results so she has to run it by the doctor first.  I don't understand this because the doctor told me to call the Secretary for the results anyway... I am really scared I am going to get bad news!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 09:51:08 AM by angelindskiexx »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: really scared
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 09:03:43 AM »

As a medical secretary we are caught between a rock and a hard place  ::) - it isn't up to us to 'interpret' anything.  If she has offered to speak with the Consultant then perhaps he/she will ring you directly.

Has a copy been sent to your GP? perhaps ring the Surgery if that is where your referral came from?

angelindskiexx

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 09:25:14 AM »

You're a sweetheart for writing back to me so quickly! Thank you so much! I thought the results would be straight forward.... i.e. normal and abnormal.

She said the doctor needs to interpret the results and then call me back.  So now I'm walking to the darkest corner in my head and thinking the worst.....  I am so exhausted and mentally drained with menopause.  I've been on this roller coaster ride for many years now and I am so fed up  :'(

God bless all you lovely ladies out there..... the support here is what keeps me going some days!

jedigirl

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 09:37:36 AM »

Hi, the same happened to me last year with my ct scan results.
The secretary wouldn't tell me a thing, i waited all day for the gp to call me later and say all was fine.
I guess they have protocols to follow. xx

angelindskiexx

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 09:50:17 AM »

Hi, the same happened to me last year with my ct scan results.
The secretary wouldn't tell me a thing, i waited all day for the gp to call me later and say all was fine.
I guess they have protocols to follow. xx

The waiting is horrible isn't it?!

I keep thinking about my poor mum and how she must have felt when she was diagnosed with cervical cancer....   It is so hard to think positive sometimes! Xxx
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 09:52:04 AM by angelindskiexx »

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 11:38:34 AM »

Also the Staff etc. will be busy: clinics, patient communication, operations so although she may have asked the Doctor he/she may well be otherwise occupied.  If a test is thought to be 'abnormal' it is flagged usually with a red-sticker and brought to the eye-line of the person who will report findings. 

I doubt if med secs are covered by insurance, when I think about the questions we were asked to answer  :D

angelindskiexx

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 11:46:44 AM »

Also the Staff etc. will be busy: clinics, patient communication, operations so although she may have asked the Doctor he/she may well be otherwise occupied.  If a test is thought to be 'abnormal' it is flagged usually with a red-sticker and brought to the eye-line of the person who will report findings. 

I doubt if med secs are covered by insurance, when I think about the questions we were asked to answer  :D

Awww, thank you! I feel a bit more reassured ... still waiting tho.....    xx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 01:55:32 PM »

Get on with your chores, make a list of 2-do for the morning, keep occupied.  It is what it is  ;) …….. if we had a time-scale for these results we wouldn't worry as much, have to remember too that we have had 2 Bank Holidays  ::)

oldsheep

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 02:41:43 PM »

I hate waiting for results too so I really feel for you. Hope it's all ok.

angelindskiexx

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 03:44:19 PM »

Get on with your chores, make a list of 2-do for the morning, keep occupied.  It is what it is  ;) …….. if we had a time-scale for these results we wouldn't worry as much, have to remember too that we have had 2 Bank Holidays  ::)

Well they have put me out of my misery! I was never like this with the first biopsy but this one really disturbed me. I had a very painful experience with this biopsy compared to the first one I had.  All in all it's been a nightmare ...  I still don't feel 100 per cent a week later....  I'm relieved the results came back normal.  I can breathe now.  Thank you for being here for me xx

angelindskiexx

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 03:46:27 PM »

Thanks oldsheep...  I have to pluck up the courage to have a mammogram now. I'm 54 and haven't had one yet.....  I just hate it all :( xx

toffeecushion

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 04:03:12 PM »

Well they have put me out of my misery! I was never like this with the first biopsy but this one really disturbed me. I had a very painful experience with this biopsy compared to the first one I had.  All in all it's been a nightmare ...  I still don't feel 100 per cent a week later....  I'm relieved the results came back normal.  I can breathe now.  Thank you for being here for me xx

That's good news.  Horrible to be kept waiting though.

oldsheep

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 04:10:35 PM »

Thanks oldsheep...  I have to pluck up the courage to have a mammogram now. I'm 54 and haven't had one yet.....  I just hate it all :( xx

me too. I read a consultant's reports on the large no of false positives and I know I'd not deal with it right at the moment....I do do the examination thing. I have an appointment in July that I'm mulling over.
In some countries, they seem to tell you the results the same day. I wish they did that here, might make it easier.
Just had a normal smear test result. It took a week. Even though I was expecting normal, I got very nervous opening the letter.
Glad your mind is at rest now.

angelindskiexx

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 06:58:35 PM »

[/quote]

That's good news.  Horrible to be kept waiting though.
[/quote]

Thank you tc. Xxx

angelindskiexx

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 07:05:27 PM »

me too. I read a consultant's reports on the large no of false positives and I know I'd not deal with it right at the moment....I do do the examination thing. I have an appointment in July that I'm mulling over.
In some countries, they seem to tell you the results the same day. I wish they did that here, might make it easier.
Just had a normal smear test result. It took a week. Even though I was expecting normal, I got very nervous opening the letter.
Glad your mind is at rest now.

That's what worries me.  The number of false positives is really putting me off.  I've had pain in my left breast on and off for years..  I had a breast injury in my 20s and since that time I've had intermittent pain.  Its been getting somewhat worse during the last two years so I really must go.

I'm so glad your smear test result came back normal! Waiting a week for results is a nightmare, especially for those of us who suffer health anxiety!
Bless you, old sheep.....xx

Pages: [1] 2