Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: anxiety about continued spotting after smear test  (Read 13396 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: anxiety about continued spotting after smear test
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2015, 09:18:17 PM »

Prunes are lovely - in a fruit bowl  ::).  Could you ask a Pharmacist about any product changes?  Glad you are improving.

oldsheep

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 07:18:47 AM »

spoke too soon CLKD!  The pharmacist said they'd not know if the adhesive were changed.

However te whole feeling v unwell thing I had a month ago is starting up again. This time I'm 100% sure it's hormonal imbalance, but also 100% unsure which is dominant.
I have so many symptoms of oestrogen being low - insomnia or REM sleep/constant waking from vivid dreams only; increased anxiety and emotional behaviour; tired; muscle pain and general M.E flare up. Upset stomach.

But oestradiol tested at 220+. Normal

However my breasts are really very swollen, 2 sizes bigger than normal, sore and I feel puffy in my stomach too. That's from too much oestrogen isn't it, or can progesterone do that?

I'm ringing the nurse at the meno clinic again and going to the GP to try to enlist his help in getting me an appointment before my scheduled one in February 2016.

(is there any way to edit the title of this thread?)

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 02:41:49 PM »

Ladies often find the progesterone stage of treatment difficult to live with.  I doubt if a body can carry too much oestrogen  :-\ as it's being produced naturally.  I have the sleep symptoms you describe, unrelated to hormones but connected to the medication I take  ::).  Particularly the busy, involved, long dreams  ……..

Maybe it's the ME causing over-all feelings of being unwell.  Plus hormones causing the swollen breasts.  A nasty combination. 

Let us know how you get on with the Nurse. 

oldsheep

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2015, 03:26:16 PM »

thanks x

the clinic rang me to say everyone's on holiday this week but they'll bring my appointment forward. Might be within 2 weeks, which is really good news. The receptionist there is so lovely and seems to have sorted it for me (she hopes).
Smear was normal too.
I just can't tolerate not sleeping - not so much while it's happening but the dizziness, nausea and extreme muscle pain it causes me. I never get more than 6 hours anyhow but need that to control the M.E/fibro.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2015, 04:30:21 PM »

Keeping people awake is a form of torture …… sleep is essential for healing, new growth, escaping for a few hours.  Could you take a sleeping pill for a few nights to break the cycle of sleep/wake/dozing …...

oldsheep

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 12:23:06 PM »

nothing's working CKLD, not even sleeping pills. If I do sleep, it's for a brief time, then I have a vivid dream and wake up.
Very tired obviously.
I wish I knew what was doing it, as it's all the low oestrogen symptoms, but with huge boobs.  I've emailed Janssen to ask if they've changed the adhesive or oestradiol compound but don't know if they'll reply. The sticky residue is definitely a diffferent product than I've had on the patches for a few years now.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 12:31:39 PM by oldsheep »

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 01:54:20 PM »

When I sent an e-mail to them they were helpful!

Lack of sleep can become all consuming.  Busy dreams, very involved, long, drawn out and about people I haven't thought of for years++  ::) and last night I had the same dream on and on but with variations: kept re-starting with different scenarios  :P

Once you wake from the dreaming do you drop off at all?

oldsheep

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2015, 02:39:20 PM »

yes, well until about 5.30am or so. But then I have another dream and wake up etc. This is better than nights when despite taking pills, I don't sleep at all. Sleep controls my M.E. I went for a swim today as was so sore, and got cramp again. I don't get cramp when I've slept.
 :(

oldsheep

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 10:27:43 AM »

another really bad night. Boobs look even bigger, as is tum.

Can oestrogen imbalance or slightly too high oestrogen cause bad sleep? (I know low oestrogen does)

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 09:31:13 PM »

we need Hurdity for that one  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]