Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Oral thrush - advice needed!  (Read 5738 times)

rebelyell

Oral thrush - advice needed!
« on: May 27, 2015, 08:34:32 AM »

I think I have oral thrush - it is a white cottage cheese like coating on the back of my tongue.  I took anti-biotics about at 10 days ago for three days and was surprised I didn't get vaginal thrush [I did last time] and then noticed this tongue issue yesterday.  It doesn't hurt at all and is just at back of tongue - will it go on its own?  I am at dentist on Tuesday next, so can I wait till then?  Or should I just ask pharmacist for something [which is what I would do if it was vaginal]?

Thanks

rebelyell

Re: Oral thrush - advice needed!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 08:47:26 AM »

I haven't tried anything yet - think pharmacist might be a good idea.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 08:53:30 AM »

I've had oral thrush before after a long course of antibiotics. The white patches were on the inside of my mouth - not on the tongue. They were really sore. You can wipe them off and and the skin underneath is red raw and can bleed. My tongue wasn't affected http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Oral-thrush---adults/Pages/Introduction.aspx

It sounds as if you may have a coated tongue which can often happen if you are a bit run down?

Taz x

rebelyell

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 08:57:53 AM »

what do I do for a coated tongue?  I am suffering from extreme anxiety at the moment so I suppose I could be run down.  Have started taking menopace aswell as HRT but it gave me severe diarrhea after two days - and my stomach is still not right after withdrawal from ADs.  I'm a bit of mess really!!!

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 09:37:42 AM »

I don't think you need to take anything for coated tongue - you can buy those soft brushes to brush the tongue with if which may make you feel better about it? Tongue's can become coated if the stomach is upset so this might be what's happened to you. If it lasts longer than two weeks then you might like to mention it to your GP but if you are feeling really anxious about it then I'm sure the pharmacist could put your mind at rest.

Taz x

rebelyell

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 09:41:55 AM »

Thanks - much appreciated.  I think, as it is not bothering me [unless I allow my inner health critic free reign] I will leave it until I go to dentist next week.

oldsheep

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 09:55:12 AM »

you could try a probiotic, and/or prebiotic with as many live bacteria as you can find, for your gut. That might help. I don't know if a decent mouthwash might be worth a try as well, like Corsodyl?

rebelyell

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 10:58:37 AM »

Given all our physical issues aired on this site - how on earth did the term 'cougar' ever come about???!!  I have enough trouble sharing body stuff with my husband in case he feels it is TMI, but a younger man??  He would have to be either very drunk or blind...

rebelyell

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 11:35:58 AM »

Yes!!!  Much as some younger men look very appealing [and younger for me means anybody under 50!] I think I would be scared stiff!    There is a lot to be said for the devil you know...

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 01:36:41 PM »

This has given me a laugh - thanks ladies. I reckon our perception of a Cougar is different to the actual meaning? We are thinking of an older woman whereas it is any woman in her late thirties (or older) after a younger man! Mid thirties!!! That's me almost thirty years too old then

Taz x  ;D ;D

rebelyell

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 02:06:37 PM »

That's a bit of a relief actually.  Although I seem to have missed my chance as cougaring, I am quite pleased that I am way too old to give it serious thought.  I don't need to feel I ought to be ogling men half my age. 

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 03:53:01 PM »

:rofl:

Limpy

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 05:32:27 PM »

Ladies I'd never heard of cougaring
Wow you live and learn on this site ;D

oldsheep

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 02:46:08 PM »

That's a bit of a relief actually.  Although I seem to have missed my chance as cougaring, I am quite pleased that I am way too old to give it serious thought.  I don't need to feel I ought to be ogling men half my age.

I always thought cougar was a french term? If I ogled a man half my age, I think he'd probably think I wanted help crossing the road or something  ;D 

GeordieGirl

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2015, 10:09:10 PM »

Rebelyell is showing in black - has she left ? Or has she been banned (seems to happen a lot on this forum)

Anyway, just to say I used to suffer from thrush quite a lot years ago and I found cutting right back on sugar helped. I can't remember the last time I had any.

As for the cougar bit - tempting but I'd hate to be confused as my boyfriend's mum. Shudder. That said, a 43 year old friend did have a long relationship with a 21 year old, and was rarely seen without a big grin.  ;)

GG x
Pages: [1] 2