Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: So worried today.... :(  (Read 10109 times)

So worried today.... :(
« on: May 27, 2015, 06:48:34 AM »

My stomach has had a few really good days. Gone to the toilet twice in the mornings and it has looked pretty normal. Good appetite and everything. But this morning I woke up at 3 am with gas and pain. Had to go to the toilet twice with diarreah... :( As I also felt shivery and feverish I decided to stay home from work. The thermometer says 36,6 though, so no fever. So I really don't know why I feel that way...

I believe I have just ovulated and I had an unusual amount of gooey egg-white discharge today, if that matters.

Could someone resassure me that I might not be dying - anxiety went up with this.... :(

Claireylou

Re: So worried today.... :(
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 06:53:34 AM »

Hi there,

Health anxiety is the pits isn't it?  Have you picked up a bug maybe?  I know my bowels go a bit wonky just before my period, not sure if it can happen around ovulation too?  Ovulation is linked to hormones so I can't see why not.

:foryou:

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 06:59:55 AM »

It's horrible... :( Yes, the reasonable part of me tells me that it could be a stomach bug.

Will be interesting to see what my next period will look like. I haven't seen strong ovulation signs like these in a while....

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 07:02:41 AM »

You're not dying. My bowels are all over the place and it is not unusual to have symptoms you describe. I have had IBS since my teens, but I always check out any new persistent symptom (3 weeks is persistent)with my GP. I have been sent for further tests when they are uncertain. Be kind to yourself today and hopefully things will settle down. Hormones do mess with our digestive systems, as does anxiety. I prescribe a duvet day and rubbish TV!

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 08:55:06 AM »

Is it okay if I ask some specfic IBS questions? Do you sometimes see mucus "by itself" i.e. not with stool? The doctors I mentioned mucus to did not seem especially worried.... Do your bowel movements vary a lot in size and quantity? Mine do. Sometimes longer pieces that are maybe 3 cms wide, but sometimes lots of small pieces instead.... Sorry if I'm gross.... :( Is this normal with IBS? None of the doctors seemed to worry too much about "pieces" either....

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 08:59:19 AM »

Your symptoms do sound typical of IBS - I've had it since I was eleven so have had fifty years to think about it  ;D

I'm not sure if you've read up about it or not but this site is considered sound by the GP's in my practice http://www.patient.co.uk/health/irritable-bowel-syndrome-leaflet

There is also a discussion on the IBS group forum about mucus but no stool http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/topic/128447-mucus-and-gas-but-no-stool/

Taz x  :hug:

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 09:20:06 AM »

For years I was bloated almost every afternoon and would have lots of gas every evening. When I went to grad school I remember a lot of stomach pain. As I went home to my parents my stomach would "magically" improve. I was thinking my stomach maybe reacted to something in the American food, but it was most likely stress.... I would also react VERY strongly during the first day of my period. Diarreha, pain, etc.... I remember taking a walk once to see if my cramps would ease, but I almost fainted and barely made it back to the toilet.... So looking back, I HAVE had stomach issues from yime to time....

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 09:26:47 AM »

I'm actually off to a different GP tomorrow afternoon... I also have an appointment with the gyno on June 15 (earliest available appt).

Suzi Q

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 09:50:11 AM »

For years I was bloated almost every afternoon and would have lots of gas every evening. When I went to grad school I remember a lot of stomach pain. As I went home to my parents my stomach would "magically" improve. I was thinking my stomach maybe reacted to something in the American food, but it was most likely stress.... I would also react VERY strongly during the first day of my period. Diarreha, pain, etc.... I remember taking a walk once to see if my cramps would ease, but I almost fainted and barely made it back to the toilet.... So looking back, I HAVE had stomach issues from yime to time....

Your tummy pain way back sound uncommonly like Abdominal Migraine. AM is caused by stress
AM can come and go It stopped in my 20s and came back premenopause I still get the odd attack
I was on Phenobarbatone at 10 dont scream ladies thats what they gave you back then
Id get attacks when I was scared and it was bed and hot water bottle
The summer holidays before I started secondary school (11) every day at 3pm like clock work pain.
I got the trots as well and was terrible thin.If your really worried see your GP xxxxxxxxx

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 11:14:27 AM »

I can't say that I remember how my stomach was as a child. I do remember one episode though when I all of a sudden stopped eating. For how long, I don't know. Maybe a couple of weeks. Nothing would appeal to me. I was slightly overweight as a child, and I think it was an unconscious reaction to the teasing I undured... :( Later, late teens-early 20s, I suffered from an eating disorder. Not anorexic, but I was extremely restrictive as to what I ate and how much. Luckily, I managed to break that cycle! So I guess that I have had all kinds of anxiety issues related to food, eating, digestion, etc....

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 02:07:02 PM »

Just heard from a colleague that she had been to the toilet a couple of times too today with a funny stomach. Well, there is a possibility of a bug, I suppose.... After all, we work with small kids! Are you more easily affected by tummy bugs if you have IBS? More sensitive?

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 02:08:29 PM »

Does that help to alleviate your worry at all 20032003 when you look back and see that there have been a few issues in the past?

A little bit.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 02:21:42 PM »

Bet it's hormones  >:( - within 10 mins. of a bleed starting I would have to dash to the loo with the runs  :-\ couldn't go anywhere at that time of month  :(

My poohs vary dependent on what I have been eating.  Sometimes lots of small hardish bits, fast - sometimes it's soft and fast; other times I take ages to pass a motion which can be any colour/consistency you choose  ::).  Rarely smelly. Always accompanied by a pee …….

I am a recovering anorexic  :-\ so am totally aware of everything my gut does from the gullet downwards.  Since beginning treatment for IBS in 1998 at least the gurgling has stopped.  I watched a machine making that blue slush stuff and it was churning the mixture like my stomach used to, for years and years and  :-\.  If I had a day when I didn't feel queasy we would write it on the calendar ……

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 03:25:30 PM »

I decided to stay home an extra day, in case it is a bug. Which means that I had to cancel my stomach-problems-appointment due to.....stomach problems.... Sigh.....

Hurdity

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 04:16:22 PM »

Hi 20032003

Just to answer your specfic question - I don't have IBS but my stools vary hugely in size quantity, consistency and frequency!  Sometimes go 3 x per day and occasionally not at all. I don't want to go into details but just as you describe except for the mucus.  :o I have always assumed it's normal but sometimes think I should perhaps go to the doc especially as recently have got more frequent and looser (sometimes v loose) ..... but then I don't!

Hurdity x
Pages: [1] 2