Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Femostol 2/10  (Read 2658 times)

mcwey

Femostol 2/10
« on: May 31, 2015, 12:42:24 PM »

Hi ladies,

I recently posted as a new member with high fsh 87.9 and low estradiol 19. I am waiting to see a gynae but on Friday my gp started me on femosol 2/10. I am on day 2 and so far so good. Can anyone tell me if this is a gentle hrt and what is the difference between the doses 1/10 and 2/10. Also when does the bleed part happen as its continual? and if this does indeed happen every month or stop eventually. Any information would be really appreciated.

honeybun

Re: Femostol 2/10
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 12:54:50 PM »

If you have a look at the menus at the top of the page you will see different options and strengths.

If you have been given a continuous HRT then you won't get a bleed at all. It can take a little while to settle down so don't be surprised if you do have some random spotting or bleeding for the first few months.

Let us know how you get on.

Honeybun
X

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 03:33:11 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM mcwey
Are you UK based? I think you may have been given the HRT Femoston 1/10? which has Dydrogesterone in it? This is certainly one of the gentler progesterones and suits many women very well. You should get your withdrawal bleed a couple of days after you finish the combined oestrogen plus progesterone phase when you have gone back on the oestrogen only pills.  Hopefully the leaflet should explain all this for you.  Keep us posted.
DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 07:09:23 PM »

Hi mcwey

Just to add that the Femoston 2/10 you have been given contains twice as much oestrogen as the 1/10 but other than that is the same product. Most women do get a bleed but there is a small proportion who don't even on cyclical HRT - which is what you've been given. However on the ogher dose I expect you will. Depending on how far into menopause you are and how many periods you've missed - the bleed could be heavy or perhaps light at first (if you've been a long time without bleeding).

Hope it works for you  :)

Hurdity x

renee

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 08:45:19 PM »

Welcome mcwey,

Iv been on femoston 2/10 for 3 months and it's really helped a lot of my meno symptoms. I'm getting a bleed about 2 days before the end of a pack. Only thing Iv noticed is acne on my cheeks for some reason!

Hope it helps as much for you xxx