Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Retroverted uterus  (Read 18284 times)

honeybun

Re: Retroverted uterus
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2015, 08:37:53 PM »

Ahhh, light bulb moment Hurdity  ::)

Honeybun
X

MrsMopp

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2015, 08:53:44 PM »

Ohh, I have to do that too Hurdity.  I assumed that was due to the prolapses. 

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 08:07:24 AM »

I've been thinking more about this. Really, I think my rectal stuff started last summer. That was when I first on and off would get the sense that I couldn't empty completely. Then I got worse in the fall. I especially remember struggling in conjunction with my period in october. Same issues still. I often end up feeling not quite done and having to go to the toilet only to have small pieces coming out. Additionally, I have realized that I next to never wake up in the night to urinate. For years, it was a nightly thing. But why this shift?? I understand that you can be born with a retroverted uterus  (probably most common), but that certain situations (such as stretched ligaments) can cause it to happen at a later stage. Do you think the gyno will laugh at me if I bring up this concern/question?

Annie0710

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 09:25:15 AM »

I had a retroverted womb and bicornuate

when everything prolapsed it all leaned backwards (so I was told) onto bowel

When pregnant each time I didn't get very big although had very good size babies so staff were always surprised and asked where I hid them !

And I suffered back ache bad through my labours except my last one where I went into labour naturally, turned up at hospital in later stage and insisted my most comfy position was all 4s and stayed like that giving birth

Annie xx

Claireylou

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2015, 11:21:50 AM »

That's interesting Annie.  I had all my babies on all fours too. It eased the backache xxx

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2015, 12:01:21 PM »

I had a retroverted womb and bicornuate

when everything prolapsed it all leaned backwards (so I was told) onto bowel

What symptoms did you have from this?

Annie0710

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2015, 01:03:54 PM »

What part ?

Bicornuate was picked up on an early twin miscarriage scan, they said it was sort of upside down with a divide in the middle (going back 24 years) and that I more than likely ovulated from both ovaries a lot of months (hence 2 non identical twin pregnancies that I was aware of)

Retroverted womb , they told me everything had collapsed onto the bowel, that area felt very 'dragging' and heavy, especially as I naturally had heavy clotting periods. The cervix was always Low (had to be pushed back on my last birth) when I had my hysterectomy bladder and bowel settled

Annie xx

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2015, 01:21:10 PM »

I was mainly wondering whether you were constipated, felt pressure on your rectum, or something like that?

Kathleen

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2015, 02:15:42 PM »

Hello ladies.

On the subject of the wandering cervix, I was told by a nurse that the menstrual cycle can cause the neck of the womb to change position and during our fertile stage it faces forward to optimise conception.

I don't have a retroverted uterus, ( just a bog standard one ) but I have had smears where my cervix has gone into hiding and that's when the nurse mentioned it.

Take care ladies.

K.

Annie0710

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2015, 04:07:37 PM »

I was mainly wondering whether you were constipated, felt pressure on your rectum, or something like that?

I don't recall bowel ptoblems, just a heavy feeling in that area

Annie xx

Taz2

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2015, 05:39:04 PM »

Annie - your symptoms do sound as if they were more attributable to your prolapse. I had both retroverted uterus and then, years later, prolapse and the heavy feeling and pressure were definitely not there before prolapse. It's a really weird feeling to try to describe isn't it?

Taz x

Annie0710

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2015, 06:53:55 PM »

Annie - your symptoms do sound as if they were more attributable to your prolapse. I had both retroverted uterus and then, years later, prolapse and the heavy feeling and pressure were definitely not there before prolapse. It's a really weird feeling to try to describe isn't it?

Taz x

Oh Taz I was referring to the prolapse ! Before that I didn't have problems just I was told during an internal at 16 my uterus slanted backwards, I remember inserting my first tampon and mine wouldn't go where the picture was suggesting !

Annie xx

Ju Ju

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 10:08:18 AM »

I've been thinking more about this. Really, I think my rectal stuff started last summer. That was when I first on and off would get the sense that I couldn't empty completely. Then I got worse in the fall. I especially remember struggling in conjunction with my period in october. Same issues still. I often end up feeling not quite done and having to go to the toilet only to have small pieces coming out. Additionally, I have realized that I next to never wake up in the night to urinate. For years, it was a nightly thing. But why this shift?? I understand that you can be born with a retroverted uterus  (probably most common), but that certain situations (such as stretched ligaments) can cause it to happen at a later stage. Do you think the gyno will laugh at me if I bring up this concern/question?

Yes you should mention this. I have had similar experiences. Mentioned it to my Gynaecologist, who examined me and said I have prolapse, that needs repair. I put it down to new IBS problems, until I started feeling discomfort in the uterus area after managing to open my bowels. I began to think there was some kind of obstruction and I was right.

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2015, 05:09:59 PM »

Yes you should mention this. I have had similar experiences. Mentioned it to my Gynaecologist, who examined me and said I have prolapse, that needs repair. I put it down to new IBS problems, until I started feeling discomfort in the uterus area after managing to open my bowels. I began to think there was some kind of obstruction and I was right.

Hm. Should the gyno have noticed this during the exam in March, or can it go undiagnosed unless you specifically spell out certain symptoms? She DID tell me at that time about the retroverted uterus but. since I have no way of knowing if I was born this way, it didn't really dawn on me at that time to ask if that particular thing could be causing my problems.

I must say that I feel better in the mornings than later on on most days. Lying down works best, and sitting is usually the most uncomfortable position.

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2015, 04:48:33 AM »

Some other things I've been noticing... Sometimes I get a slight cramp in my rectum when I go to the toilet. Not particularly often, but it happened this morning. And another embarrasing thing that might be almost too much info... I often feel like I need to go poop during sex. Pressure in my vagina seems to put pressure on my rectum too. Even something as thin as a finger can create this sensation. I have tried to google at some point, but it didn't seem common. In fact, in some place someone even responded to a person with that problem that it was quite common to feel an urge to urinate but not to poop. Why would I feel this way? I can't really say if I've "always" had this sensation, but surely the last year or so. Anyone else who has/has had this problem?
Pages: 1 [2] 3