Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: For all women who are on AD's or who are taking AD's  (Read 12123 times)

GeordieGirl

Re: For all women who are on AD's or who are taking AD's
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2015, 08:51:19 PM »

Gosh CLKD - The Mersey Canal that I remember went through Chemical works, may also have been some oil refineries there as well.  ::)

I'm sure the EA and local water authorities would do something about spills if they could but I suspect they've been cut back to the bone.

It's all a little too close to Ellesmere Port for my liking. Put it this way, I certainly wouldn't be drinking from it  :) 

As for skinny dipping, count me in ! (though not in the canal, yuk).  Just make sure there's a warm dry towel and a hot toddy waiting for me when I come out.  :)
GG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2015, 01:28:08 PM »

Plus snuggly pyjams to creep into  ;)

Synthetic ADs as opposed to what exactly?

Limpy

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2015, 01:39:30 PM »

Synthetic ADs as opposed to what exactly?

Not certain, but could the alternative be, less processed, more natural type things?
St Johns Wort springs to mind as an example, though that needs to be treated with respect.

This from the woman who needs 500mg of Gabapentin a day to reduce pain to a manageable level  ::)

Dandelion

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2015, 08:51:45 PM »

What chemical overspill - isn't allowed these days, the Environment Agency are hot to trot on such issues (DH managed a sewage works  ;) )

Synthetic ADs?

As for side effects, I had some horrid ones, the first being nausea.  I was told that the effects would lessen in 2-6 weeks but I couldn't live with the nausea.  In the 1980s/90s I tried 5 ADs before one suited me.  Not completely but enough to function again.  Prozac almost killed me.  As did Tamoxifen.  I admire anyone who can work through medication which causes nausea  :-\

I found relaxation therapy useful.  Starting from the toes, tensing relaxing muscle groups.
Hi CKLD

Sorry, bad choice of words, I meant pharm AD's and by natural I meant things like 5htp, st johns wort, although these are not called AD's they are taken for derpession

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2015, 08:53:18 PM »

St John's Wort is surely 'processed' in order to get a given amount each time  :-\ ………

SallyG

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2015, 07:05:40 AM »

Thanks for everyones honesty over this. I thought I was the only one with suicidal thoughts. It is important to out them. I have found Ads essential in my recovery from hormone depletion - I was so very ill 5 months ago. I have come a long way but must remember that I am still recovering from depression caused by Hormone depletion.

Thanks everyone
Sallyxx

Dandelion

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2015, 01:41:36 PM »

St John's Wort is surely 'processed' in order to get a given amount each time  :-\ ………
Now you're splitting hairs :)
St johns wort is plant based, whereas something like prozac, is chemical based.
Hope that is clearer.

Dandelion

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2015, 01:44:07 PM »

Thanks for everyones honesty over this. I thought I was the only one with suicidal thoughts. It is important to out them. I have found Ads essential in my recovery from hormone depletion - I was so very ill 5 months ago. I have come a long way but must remember that I am still recovering from depression caused by Hormone depletion.

Thanks everyone
Sallyxx
Hi Sally

I am glad you are not suffering suicidal thoughts anymore and that your meds are helping you.
Some people do feel helped by pharmecutical meds, and that's ok.
Are you on hrt?
I don't think there is many cases where hrt is contra-indicated, even though the doctors think there are, there is new Data now on the risks of hrt, not as bad as were previously thought of.
Some of my GP's refused hrt patches due to my migraine auras, but Dr Currie helped me.
The articles on this site are a good starting point.

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2015, 02:01:13 PM »

Everything is chemical whether it's plant based or ….. because once in the hands of the Chem. Labs. it has to be synthesised in order to deliver the 'same' amount each dose in order to pass the Regulators!  Most of me is chemical based  :D ……. apparently  :-X

SallyG, I didn't want to die but to sleep until the pain went away.  Anxiety and depression took over and I thought I would never lift my head from the settee again  :'( but I'm still here >wave<.

Dandelion

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2015, 03:16:23 PM »

Everything is chemical whether it's plant based or ….. because once in the hands of the Chem. Labs. it has to be synthesised in order to deliver the 'same' amount each dose in order to pass the Regulators!  Most of me is chemical based  :D ……. apparently  :-X

SallyG, I didn't want to die but to sleep until the pain went away.  Anxiety and depression took over and I thought I would never lift my head from the settee again  :'( but I'm still here >wave<.
When I first posted, I was just trying to distiguish the difference between pharm AD's and natural AD's whether or not natural depression supplements have been in the lab or not. Maybe I made a bad choice of words, but that's all I meant.
Pages: 1 2 [3]