Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Emotional at the drop of a hat.  (Read 2023 times)

Jems512

Emotional at the drop of a hat.
« on: May 23, 2015, 02:06:48 PM »

Thank you for all the advice, i had a rough couple of months but seem to be coming out a tunnel. Just need to get the crying under control. Sad film/TV, even certain adverts set me off. There are a lot of changes at work at the mo, 2 close friends are moving to new challenges, one to a new job, one to retirement. Although i am happy for them i am not sure this wont break the camel. Any advice about maintaining an even keel?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Emotional at the drop of a hat.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 08:57:03 PM »

Go with the flow?  I can't cry due to medication  :-\

caz24

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 10:32:36 AM »

Going with the flow can be so embarrassing. I would be interested if anyone has any ideas with how to stop the tears from flowing? I'm so emotional these days  :'( x

dogdoc

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 12:26:09 PM »

Don't try to maintain an even keel. Particularly if you're in the comfort of your own home. Cry!! Or laugh. And let those around you know that you're going through puberty ( again) and you're emotions are controlled by your hormones. I don't believe there is such a thing as an even keel at this time of life.

I have been very upfront with my family my friends and my coworkers that I have very little in the way of emotional control at times. Sorry but they'll just have to suck it up. Not only that but women 'stoic' their way through everything. Being upfront and open has meant I have encountered numerous women my age who were shocked at my stories as they had been struggling themselves silently. Thought they were dying or losing their minds.

What menopause needs is more openness and less embarrassment.  :) my two cents.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 10:50:27 PM »

:thankyou:

Nature wouldn't have given us feelings if she didn't want us to cry  ;)