Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Symptoms on Femosten getting worse  (Read 4860 times)

pepperminty

Symptoms on Femosten getting worse
« on: May 24, 2015, 10:24:33 AM »

Hi ladies,

I have been persevering with Femosten 1/10 now for 3 months and my symptoms are gradually getting worse , not better. Yesterday I lost words again and my speech was confused , my sleeping is getting worse again, and my aches are worse and I feel generally unwell . Has anyone had this ? I do not think it is related to the progesterone particularly.

Peppermintyxx

jedigirl

Re: Symptoms on Femosten getting worse
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 12:15:50 PM »

Hey Pepperminty,
Maybe you need the stronger 2/10 Femoston? If you try it and it doesn't suit then maybe a patch or the Utrogestan/Estragel route might be better..
Do you feel you need more estrogen?
 You need a chat with your GP. xx

pepperminty

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 12:42:02 PM »

Hi thanks Jedigirl,

those are two options on my list to try. Unfortunately any benefits I seem to have got initially seem to be diminishing rapidly. I have an appointment in June so , I will wait until then . I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem , but not  necessarily relating it to progesterone . I want to give everything a fair crack of the whip , but I am flagging at the moment and sometimes it helps to hear how others have got through the same problem. Although I realise everyone is different. I feel about 150 and hate being so low.

peppermintyxx

jedigirl

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 12:58:47 PM »

Yes feeling fairly low myself at the moment.
I guess the problem is never knowing what our hormones are doing. If only they didn't fluctuate so much we would have a shot at treating the problem. Then again if they were stable I guess we'd be ok!!
Good luck pepperminty x

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 01:11:20 PM »

The speech thing is worrying Pepperminty. This should not be happening. Perhaps struggling to find a word or loosing your train of thought, but not what you describe. Also combined by feeling unwell.

I don't want to worry you but my advice would be to stop your HRT and get a GP appointement as soon as you can.

You just can't take any chances and, again, I don't want to worry you as its very very rare,but risk of a stroke can be caused increased by HRT.

Please get yourself checked out and consider stopping your HRT until you are given the all clear. No point in taking any risks

Honeybun
X

pepperminty

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 01:22:13 PM »

Hi Honeybun,

I did think of that when my left arm went painful last week, but it's ok now, except both arms feel like I have been weight lifting. My speech is ok now , I think it is more that I cant get the right word out , or it comes out completely wrong. It wasn't all my words and I don't have any other symptoms of a stroke. I have had it before HRT and it went , so I think it's just that again , but thanks for caring. But I will get it checked out just in case.

Peppermintyxx

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 01:43:59 PM »

Please.... :hug:

Just don't take any chances and let us know how you get on.

Honeybun
X

pepperminty

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 02:18:31 PM »

Thanks, bless you , I promise I wont. knowing my luck at the moment , I would rather be safe than sorry!!

Peppermintyxx

Briony

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 03:51:52 PM »

Definitely get it checked out - but just to reassure you, I had something similar before I was on HRT (I used to get weird tingling across my body and sudden fatigue at the same time I noticed my speech was ever so slightly odd). I tried Evorel patches and noticed little difference (thus convincing me it was something other than hormones, despite having had lots of tests!). It's not since I've switched to a low dose, combined pill which has given my system a much greater estrogen boost that I have noticed a definite improvement in all my symptoms. Wasnt a decision I took lightly as I have migraines and a history of strokes in my family (plus I am 43) but I have to agree with my doctor, who said the risk of taking the pill would be worth it for the improvement in my quality of life.   

Basically, what I am saying through all my above waffle is, check it out to be safe, but it may well be you need more estrogen. HRT can take longer for some than others to 'kick in' too - for me, it was at least three or four months.

pepperminty

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 06:55:46 PM »

Thanks Briony I appreciate your post,

I am glad you have seen an improvement . I haven't given up yet. There are options still which is good. It's just a mare having to go through these all encompassing lows , mixed in with feeling dreadful and ill. and sometimes you just need to tell someone who understands and knows that you are not a raving lunatic.

pmintyxxx

Briony

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 10:26:06 AM »

I sooooo know that feeling. You certainly learn who your true friends are. I struggled to accept that hormones could make someone previously so fit and well suddenly feel so dreadful, and this in turn caused what I call 'health anxiety' (cheers Dr Google!). This site was a life saver! Even now, because my symptoms are not 'typical menopause' (no hot flushes, dryness etc) I have moments of panic, but this has massively improved since I've been on Qlaira. I feel like (fingers crossed) I have control of my life back again, even if it's not quite the life I knew previously x

pepperminty

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2015, 11:31:33 AM »

I think all the "hidden" symptoms of menopause are actually more prevalent than we know , except people hide it, and its also labelled as depression . I actually slept straight through last night , so I feel better today physically , but my mood is still low. I can cope with that though. I had terrible problems down below last year and not one medical professional attributed it to the meno !! And I have had the sweats , but again no one mentioned the menopause , I was told at 47 I was too young, so I believed what the doctor said.
I did at one point think I was a hypochondriac , but my symptoms actually exist, I am not imagining them.

You definitely do find out who your friends are and aren't !!

I am so glad you have found the answer , I too hope to get to that point.

Peppermintyxx

Dandelion

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2015, 02:31:35 PM »

Hi Pepperminty

Gawd! the ignorance of some GP's, 47 is not too young for meno.
I started mine at 42.
I only went for hrt at 47, as I thought my sweats, diarrhoea, anxiety, etc was from medication I was withdrawing from at the time (more on other threads about this)
I took femoston, firstly 1/10 and then 2/10, and it didn't work, as my meno induced IBS meant that it wasn't being absorbed.
I just struggled on for a year, still taking femoston, and then, decided to try the patches.
I got a bit of grief from some GP's as I have migraine aura, so they were reluctant to prescribe patches, until one good GP read the email I got from Dr Currie, saying patches were better than pills for migraine.
I am now on evorel and bang, my flushes have gone and the sh1ts are much better.
Maybe try the patches, start with 50mcg possibly
Have a think about it, I love my little patches and I don't care that they make square glue marks on my thighs belly and bum, that's a tiny price to pay for the relief they give me.

pepperminty

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2015, 04:05:18 PM »

Hi Dandelion,
Yes , I will suggest patches when I see the menopause nurse at the hospital . I will bring my diary of symptoms and see what she suggests also. Like you I couldn't give a dam about sticky marks ,  I'd even put them on my forehead if it worked!!  I am having headaches now as well so they do sound the better option.

I slept straight through last night , so I am not so incapacitated today , but still knackered.

Yep you would have thought the change in periods eg flooding and aching joints, insomnia, IBS, forgetfulness, dry skin, irritable bladder and fatigue might have given my GP a clue also!!

Peppermintyxx

PS , I wish for the day when I can post that I am feeling fabulous and able to do the washing up after 5pm ( as I have posted before)!!